Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B from Indian MNC - Can i Reuse it with another employer

Dear Senior folks,

I got my H1B visa valid till Oct'2014. This was filed by my Indian MNC's US Branch. Am in India still,expecting for an onsite opening from some of the projects here. In the meanwhile can i have this visa to go to US on my own expenses and search for a job there?

Regards,
    Rockssk
    Last edited by rockssk; 10-15-2012, 02:59 AM. Reason: spell check

All Experts,

Please help clarify on my above queries.

Regards,
    Rockssk

Comment

No, you cannot do that. With this petition, you can only work for the sponsor. However, if you find a job, the new employer can certainly file a cap-exempt petition for you and if you have a Visa in your passport you can use the same Visa with the new petition to work for the new employer.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        No, you cannot do that. With this petition, you can only work for the sponsor. However, if you find a job, the new employer can certainly file a cap-exempt petition for you and if you have a Visa in your passport you can use the same Visa with the new petition to work for the new employer.
        Thanks buddy for your response,

That means i can search in Dice.com for a H1 job in US and if my profile suits any requirement there , my employer will file a cap-exempt petition for me ,once that is approved i can start working for the new employer. is that correct? In that case few queries below which if u can help clarify that would be of great help.

1. Working currently in India will i be able to find a H1 job in US?
        2. When my US employer files my petition should i resign my job in the current company which processed my current H1 ?
        3. when the petition is under review with USCIS can i travel to US?
        4. Does the cap-exempt petition filing has any period constraint similar to regular petition filing period that is between Jan till October etc?

Regards,
        rockssk

Comment

Answers Inline...

Originally posted by rockssk View Post
          Thanks buddy for your response,

That means i can search in Dice.com for a H1 job in US and if my profile suits any requirement there , my employer will file a cap-exempt petition for me ,once that is approved i can start working for the new employer. is that correct? In that case few queries below which if u can help clarify that would be of great help.
          --YES

1. Working currently in India will i be able to find a H1 job in US? -- That's only Option.
          2. When my US employer files my petition should i resign my job in the current company which processed my current H1 ? -- No. wait for petition to get approved and green signal from new employer.
          3. when the petition is under review with USCIS can i travel to US? -- Yes, but only for current employer
          4. Does the cap-exempt petition filing has any period constraint similar to regular petition filing period that is between Jan till October etc? -- NO

Regards,
          rockssk

Comment

Thanks One...

Originally posted by One View Post
            Answers Inline...
            thank u

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}