Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping - Completed B1 travel in Aug'12 for the same client

Dear All,

My H1b petition has been approved and I'm planning to take up the visa interview in November. The question is, I recently completed my B1 travel for the same client in Aug'12 which was for 8 weeks. Does this will have any impact on my H1b visa interview now. Also I have traveled to US twice before once on my B1 and and one on my L1B which was for a different company and client.

Can somebody let me know is there any specific cool off periods one should have between their B1 travel and H1b visa interview to avoid complications.

Thanks,
    Arun

Originally posted by arounk View Post
    Dear All,

My H1b petition has been approved and I'm planning to take up the visa interview in November. The question is, I recently completed my B1 travel for the same client in Aug'12 which was for 8 weeks. Does this will have any impact on my H1b visa interview now. Also I have traveled to US twice before once on my B1 and and one on my L1B which was for a different company and client.

Can somebody let me know is there any specific cool off periods one should have between their B1 travel and H1b visa interview to avoid complications.

Thanks,
    Arun
    Though there is no direct relation but depends on the VO .

Best Case : He/She may not ask about the B1 at all.
    Worst Case: He/She might be interested in knowing what you were doing for the client for 8 weeks on B1. If you were working for them he may put your H1 in administrative processing or entirely reject your H1 application and cancel your B1 too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Though there is no direct relation but depends on the VO .

Best Case : He/She may not ask about the B1 at all.
      Worst Case: He/She might be interested in knowing what you were doing for the client for 8 weeks on B1. If you were working for them he may put your H1 in administrative processing or entirely reject your H1 application and cancel your B1 too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Raghvi,

Thanks for reply. I was not working when i was there for 8 weeks and it was basically a knowledge transition. If that is the case, if the VO questions what is best answer I can gave. I know it completely depends on the VO and that particular situtation, but just wanted to be prepared for the possible questions.

Thanks,
      Arun K

Comment

Hiii

Hi Arun,

did you schedule your VISA interview for H1B?

Thanks,
        WIN

Comment

Originally posted by Win Vin View Post
          Hi Arun,

did you schedule your VISA interview for H1B?

Thanks,
          WIN
          Win,

No not yet. I haven't scheduled it yet. May i know why is this question.

Thanks,
          Arun K

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X