Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa amendment when principal changes job location

Hi all,
    I'm staying in US on H1B with my wife and kid on their H4.Now my company is going to shift their head office to another city within the same state (CA) requiring an amendment of all the visas to reflect the new location of the company. Being an employee, the amendment of my H1B has been taken care of by the company but I was told by the third party agency outsourced for visa related matters that the company will be paying only for my H1B amendment and I have to bear the cost of the H4 dependent visa amendment. To my surprise they asked me to pay $640. ($290 check to DHS and $350 for their fee). The original H4 visa cost was only $150 each and I feel $350 fee charged by the agency to amend an H4 visa is too high.
    Can anyone please let me know how can I do it myself and how complicated the process is? I remember my wife and child could get the original H4 from US consulate in India without any difficulties. But I don’t know what to do for the amendment. In fact I don’t know what to amend in an H4 visa when principal is changing his company location. I’m not even changing my employer but the employer relocate to another place.

Thanks,
    AVS

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X