Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Consulate Reply On Enquiry

My email to the consulate was -

I would like to bring a current issue that hundreds (if not thousands) of Indians like me are currently facing with the new system for scheduling visa interview.

As you are aware, we Indians need to make our travel plans around 2 months ahead of time to get preferable flight tickets. At that time we cannot schedule our visa interview, as it's too early. Earlier system used to mandate 15 days ahead of scheduling only. So almost all of us have already purchased our flight tickets (most are non-refundable) without getting an opportunity to schedule the interview. Now when we are trying to schedule the interview, new system is not showing any available date in Nov-2012. Also the new system prevents unlimited checking of dates. So, even if a slot opens up, we cannot take that opportunity immediately as we have limited viewing priviledge. Almost all of us get limited and non-flexible vacation plans. So we are unable to change any dates without having to jeopardize all our travel needs and spending a lot of more money.

So, my request (and I believe rest in situation like me will also agree) will be to let us know if there are any dates in Nov-2012 available or not. Also if possible, activate previous system, which gave us no issues before regarding date selection. New system can be fixed in the meantime, while we can make our trip without having to deal with so much uncertainty and headache.

Just FYI, my travel plans are between 12-Nov-2012 to 27-Nov-2012. So I'm looking to find appointment date(s) between that time frame. I have been checking the site regularly like others and haven't yet found any date in Nov-2012 (except 1st and 2nd) to be available so far.

Your help regarding this will really be appreciated by all of us.
    Just got reply from consulate -
    Applicants are advised not to book their tickets in advance. In the new system, for better customer service, we have opened up appointments for three months in advance. If the appointments for the month of November are already taken, then you do not see the available dates during that time. However, if some appointments are cancelled or re-scheduled, they will open up for the applicants. Please keep on monitoring the website for required dates and apply online.

We hope this information is useful.
    Donno service for which customer they are improving, but definitely they aint us. One more funny thing, I sent that email to Kolkata US Consulate and the reply came from Delhi US consulate.
    Last edited by abhishek78; 10-19-2012, 01:30 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X