Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport SUbmitted to OFC. How to track it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion about the new system

Hello,

My case : Attended H1B interview in Sep 2011. Case went to 221 G. consulate asked me to submit my passport on 9 Oct 2012. Submitted to OFC on 19 Oct 2012

There is a lot of confusion about the new system i.e. UsTravelDocs.com particularly if your Visa interview occurred before 26th Sep 2012. The following are the points I have gathered through my painful experience[Not entirely sure if they are valid]

1. Basically the new system will maintain records of new applications submitted after 26th sep 2012. If you have submitted your passport or documents after 26th Sep for PI dates before sep 26 2012, I don't think it can be tracked on the new System. Also you will not see any status update on your "My DashBoard" page on the portal. You have to wait for an E-mail from OFC/Consulate regarding the status

2. [email protected] is no good if your interview was held before 26th Sep 2012 and your case is in 221 G and you are submitting the passport now. It will always say "Please use valid Passport number or UID".

Note:
    a. I sent an e-mail with my passport number from my G-mail Inbox, the response was "Please use a valid passport number.....".
    b. But when I sent it through Yahoo inbox, the response was "Your passport is still with the post". To confirm, I sent the passport number as "F@%^^&" (Invalid), it said "Ready for pick up". Now Im sure there is no such passport number existing.
    c.Also it gives me a different response each day. 3 days ago it said "Still with post",now it says "In transit to post".
    d. Worse still, if I send an E-mail without any subject or body, it says "Ready for pick up".

3.IVR is also no good. Instead of telling your passport status, it will redirect your call to a customer rep, who will tell you that he/she is going to raise a ticket as they do not have a record of your passport in their system.

Comment

Hi,

I was tracking by sending email to [email protected]. Ensure to keep the passport number only in the subject and no text in the body. If you are still getting the problem, please try from someother emailbox.

Originally posted by MynameisAB View Post
      Hi, can you pls tell me which mailbox are you using to get the passport status. I am getting the message to use a valid UID number everytime. My passport was submitted on 26th Oct. Pls help.

Comment

PMvijay2308 did you get your passport finally? did you manage to talk to the support team for passport status? how long it took for you, if it is been received?

Comment

Hi Kiran,

I got my passport today. Please find my 221g journey in the below link,

Originally posted by Kiran Jack View Post
          PMvijay2308 did you get your passport finally? did you manage to talk to the support team for passport status? how long it took for you, if it is been received?

Comment

Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
            Hi Kiran,

I got my passport today. Please find my 221g journey in the below link,
            http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...t=ready+pickup

Congratulations vijay2308!!. One question : What do you see against your case number in the 221 G list on the consulate website? THank you.

Comment

If you have submitted your passport recently, you have to wait for 1 day to start looking for the status using this service.
              Ensure that you have mentioned only the passport number only in the Subject and body of the email is blank. If this doesn't work still, please try sending from someother mail box.

I feel this status are reliable, atleast in couple of cases I have seen till now. If you see the status as "Ready for Pickup", dont wait for their SMS or any email notification. Just go to OFC with original and photocopy of govt.id and collect your PP.

For me the total turnaround to get the PP status as "Ready for pickup" was 6 days.

All the best.

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
              When I send my passport number in the E-mail's subject and body, the auto-reply says "Please use a valid UID". Does it mean the passport has not been submitted to OFC at all ?

Comment

Which mailbox are you using ?

Which mailbox are you using ? I tried using Yahoo and Gmail, getting the same response everytime to use a valid UID

Originally posted by vijay2308 View Post
                If you have submitted your passport recently, you have to wait for 1 day to start looking for the status using this service.
                Ensure that you have mentioned only the passport number only in the Subject and body of the email is blank. If this doesn't work still, please try sending from someother mail box.

I feel this status are reliable, atleast in couple of cases I have seen till now. If you see the status as "Ready for Pickup", dont wait for their SMS or any email notification. Just go to OFC with original and photocopy of govt.id and collect your PP.

For me the total turnaround to get the PP status as "Ready for pickup" was 6 days.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MynameisAB View Post
                  Which mailbox are you using ? I tried using Yahoo and Gmail, getting the same response everytime to use a valid UID
                  Same issue with me. I used Gmail, Yahoo, Hot mail inboxes. It always says "Please use a valud passport number ...."

However, when used my company official E-mail, it gives a different status each time. When I send an invalid passport number, it says "Ready for pick up". Weird tracking system.

Comment

I used Gmail guys, it was working. After picking my passport I can see the status changed to "Picked Up" too.
                    In my case I have submitted my passport recently, that must be the reason the tracking system working fine for me. Cannot judge on your scenarios

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
                    Same issue with me. I used Gmail, Yahoo, Hot mail inboxes. It always says "Please use a valud passport number ...."

However, when used my company official E-mail, it gives a different status each time. When I send an invalid passport number, it says "Ready for pick up". Weird tracking system.

Comment

After Admin Processing, now Additional Admin Processing

I mailed the consulate asking about the status of my passport and they replied saying that it is now under Additional Admin Processing. After 9 months they mailed me saying Admin processing is over and asking to submit the passport, now when I have submitted the passport they are saying they need to do AAP. Any idea anyone, how much more time it will take..
                      PA Date : 22nd Dec, 2011

Comment

H4 221G Yellow to send Documents, interview date was aug 27.

Embassy called to go to OFC, and collect the passport. Does it mean visa is approved? The link [email protected] shows the same thing that your passport is ready to pick up. Please some one tell me does it mean it is approved?
                        Last edited by lost4life; 11-29-2012, 03:47 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X