DS 160 For my son.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 For my son.

My son was born in India. He is 7 months old now. We want to apply for H4 US visa for him. I had couple of questions :- it seems he is eligible for Interview Visa Waiver Progam. Basically there is no need to schedule a visa appointment. Can someone confirm unless the consular after reviewing documents wants to see him in person ?

We are filling DS160 and would pay the appropriate fees as well. My wife's visa and passport are on her maiden name. She had already travelled to US on her maiden name passport/visa as my dependent. My son's birth-certificate and passport has my wife's post marriage surname. When filing DS 160 there are different sections where we are trying to fill in Travel companion info, Mother's name etc. Obviously my son is going to travel with my wife when he gets his visa. Which name should be entered on DS 160 (wife's maiden or her post marriage name) ?

She has an affidavit for reference from local authorities in India indicating her maiden name and post marriage name as one and the same person. Marriage certificate and other documents are available as well. My passport has her maiden name added as spouse name. Her passport doesn't have my name added.

That being said do you see any issues in getting H4 for my son ?

1. No interview needed for him.
    2. She should use her name as per her passport.
    3. I don't see any problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Follow up on DS160 and Visa collection

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. No interview needed for him.
      2. She should use her name as per her passport.
      3. I don't see any problem.
      Thanks for the confirmation. One more follow up..

As no interview is needed .. we are not going to take any appointments. We will pay the visa fees and submit the documents at mumbai consulate. We have given a separate mailing(non-mumbai India) address on the DS 160. Will the visa be delivered on that address or can we collect it in person from the consulate.

Thx
      Abhi

Comment

You collect it from the courier location.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Child under 7 years

My son is 7 month old. We have payed the visa fees and registered a profile against his name on usatraveldocs site as well. Do we need to still select OFC and interview appointments dates for him or should we just submit the documents at the drop box ? He doesn't have a prior US visa. He will be travelling to US with my wife who is already on H4. Will we get a separate email if he qualifies for Interview waiver and drop box submission after selecting the appointment dates as mentioned above.

Thx
          Abhijit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X