Question on Visa Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Visa Stamping

I'm on an H1B visa with I-140 approved. My current visa stamping expires July 2013. I received an H1B extension during Jan this year valid until Sep 2014. I need to go to India for about a week in Nov this year. I had the following questions related to Visa stamping:

1. Since it will be a short trip, I wanted to know if I can come back into the US without doing stamping again. My current stamping (until Jul 2013) will be valid for 7 more month during my re-entry.

2. Earlier this year (in July) I visited UK and re-entered US showing my current stamping (valid until Jul 2013) and I-797 (valid until Sep 2014) at POE and was able to get I-94 until Sep 2014. Can i do the same while returning from India.

Awaiting a response.

Originally posted by mysticblue View Post
    I'm on an H1B visa with I-140 approved. My current visa stamping expires July 2013. I received an H1B extension during Jan this year valid until Sep 2014. I need to go to India for about a week in Nov this year. I had the following questions related to Visa stamping:

1. Since it will be a short trip, I wanted to know if I can come back into the US without doing stamping again. My current stamping (until Jul 2013) will be valid for 7 more month during my re-entry.

2. Earlier this year (in July) I visited UK and re-entered US showing my current stamping (valid until Jul 2013) and I-797 (valid until Sep 2014) at POE and was able to get I-94 until Sep 2014. Can i do the same while returning from India.

Awaiting a response.
    As per my understanding, if you have a valid visa, you dont need to go for stamping. You should be able to enter as many times as you want before your current visa expires. But once it expires and you go out of US, you must get a new stamping to enter US again.

Disclaimer: Not a legal advice, just my personal opinion given here.

Comment

You can re-enter with your current valid visa & H1 extension document(I797 approval)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
      This is not legal advise. Use of this info is at your own risk

Originally posted by mysticblue View Post

Awaiting a response.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      This is FYI and not legal.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X