Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 rejected, doubting wife-husband relationship @Hyd consulate

Hi,
    My husband went to Hyd consulate for H4 visa and got rejected saying that he is not my real husband.
    He tried to show the marriage certificate and all the proofs. Rather, they dont believe him.
    His pp was even endorsed with my name as spouse, our 2yrs old kid has a pp with our names as Father & Mother.
    It is very sad that the consulate is doubting the relationship.
    Im in a helpless situatiom, how to proceed now. We have all teh original documnets to support the same.
    Its not a fraud at all!
    One thing i should mention here is, this is his 2nd time attending H4. First time, he got 221g for the name correction on the passport and the case underwent processing for 14months even after the new passport is submitted. recently, we have withdrawn the previous case, and reapplied for h4.

Anyone, please suggest how to proceed now. Will senator or te attorney can help us?
    has anyone faced the same or similar kind of situations?
    Any suggestions are please welcome

Thanks

What questions did they ask?
    What exactly was the name change denial in the past?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H4 rejected, doubting wife-husband relationship @Hyd consulate

Questions asked and as answered,
      1. Who is the employer of your spouse? --> ZZZ
      2. How did she get the offer from her current employer? --> Through internet job portals
      3. How long has she been to USA? --> 1year
      4. Why didnot join her till now? -->Appeared for H4 earlier, but was issued 221g and the case underwent processing.
      (Had mentioned about this 221g in DS160 also)

After this question, VO looked into the system and called someone else to look into the case. Later, my husband was asked to go to another counter where another VO and a telugu guy started enquiring about his job details and his relationship with me(principal applicant), and compalining that he is not my real husband inspite of all the supporting documents he has shown them. Then they handed over him a 221g with "Administarive processing" checked on it, along with a 214(b) form. Both forms are white. They said that the visa was rejected, when my husband asked them about these forms.

The initial 221g was just a spelling correction of his given name in the passport. (the name was handwritten..pp was taken back in 1999). Old passport doesnot have spouse name, where as the new passport got endorsed with my name as spouse.
      New passport was taken in tatkal, with verification letter from CP.

Any clue, what went wrong?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X