Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need travel during H1B Transfer (Urgent !!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need travel during H1B Transfer (Urgent !!!)

Hi all,

I am employed with company XYZ and have a visa stamping on my passport valid until 2014 for XYZ. But now I have got a job with company ABC. ABC has filled my h1b transfer with USCIS with premium processing and I waiting for approval. Now I need to travel to India for 2 weeks within the next 6 week period.

Here is my scenario:
    -------------------
    - I t was recommended on many forums that its not advisable to travel while your transfer/extension is pending. Is it true?
    - In order to avoid risk taking I am thinking to travel after I get my transfer approved. Added to this I need to give my current employer XYZ a notice period of 2 weeks.

My choices :
    A. Travel and then come back to USA then start and complete my notice period with XYZ and then join my new employer ABC OR
    B. I should either complete my notice period with XYZ and then travel and then join my new employer ABC

Here are my questions:
    ---------------------

If I do situation A....

1. Should I go for stamping in India for ABC's transfer approval?
    2. If yes, Can I come back and work with XYZ and complete my notice period before joining ABC?
    3. If no, will it be a problem at the port of entry since I will have valid stamping for XYZ and at the same time have another petition approved for ABC?

If I do situation B....

1. I am sure I will need to go for stamping. Correct me if I am wrong
    2. Is there any prob to travel immediately after transfer approval since I wouldn't have any pay stubs since I haven't even joined ABC?
    3. Any recommended docs that would help smooth out the stamping and port of entry process?

Thank a lot in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X