• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Hyderabad White Slip Passport returned No case number provided

Consulate: Hyderabad
    Visa: H1B
    Date: 30th October

The Visa officer issued a 221(g), but did not ask any additional documentation.

After taking my Passport, Appointment Confirmation and DS160, following are the questions he asked:
    1. What does ABC do?
    A. ABC has been founded in 2002, as a IT development company. They provide end to end customized software and IT Solutions to their customers.
    2. How did the name ABC came?
    A. I am sorry, but I dont know
    3. Where are you going?
    A. ABC , ABC
    4. I believe you had a B1 and H1 earlier as well. Have you ever been to US?
    A. The H1 is about 10 years ago, and the B1 is from my current employer, but I did not travel to US.
    5. What is your pay?
    A. ABC
    6. How did you get this offer?
    A. I was looking our for an offer, and got to see the posting in early April and applied. There were multiple rounds of interview, before they decided to issued the offer.
    7. What is the website?
    A. ABC
    8. Do you have a client letter.
    A. I am going to work on a in house project.
    9. Who is your client
    A. I am going to work on internal Project
    10. Where are you currently working?
    A. ABC
    11. Explain me about the Project
    A. The project I am going to work is ABC project, which is an online portal to procure ABC needs over the portal.
    12. What are the modules?
    A. ABC .
    13. Can you give me the Project Documentation
    A. Sure
    14. Do you have any additional documents to share?
    A. Tax Returns, financial statements, company photographs
    15. After seeing the Photographs, he asked me have you been here?
    A. No
    16. What is the address?
    A. ABC .
    17. Will you be working out from there?
    A. Yes
    18. He asked me do you have any other documentation to pass on to me?
    A. I gave him the I797 (Original) & I 129.

He told, "I think you have all the documents which are needed. I see the Tax Returns, financial statements and everything", and took out the 221(g) sheet and checked the first check box. Following is the content in it:

"YOU WILL RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED IN YOUR APPLICATION".
    and provided the email address to contact, if I don't hear back in 5 business days.

He kept all the documents except my passport. There was no case number provided even.

When I asked a gentleman of the consulate about this white slip, he told the VO should have sent you an email by now. Please respond to it. But I did not receive any email.

I exactly don't know what to make out of this, what to do and what are the next steps.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

mvr
    mvr

221g issued without case number (but with my passport number on it)

I attended H1B visa interview on 10 Oct, 2012 @ Hyderabad consulate. VO issued me 221g with passport number on it instead of case number. He returned my passport, but kept my I797 document.

I guess we need to wait... (BTW: I got 221g because I have DUI conviction in USA)

Originally posted by mvr1247 View Post
    Consulate: Hyderabad
    Visa: H1B
    Date: 30th October

The Visa officer issued a 221(g), but did not ask any additional documentation.

After taking my Passport, Appointment Confirmation and DS160, following are the questions he asked:
    1. What does ABC do?
    A. ABC has been founded in 2002, as a IT development company. They provide end to end customized software and IT Solutions to their customers.
    2. How did the name ABC came?
    A. I am sorry, but I dont know
    3. Where are you going?
    A. ABC , ABC
    4. I believe you had a B1 and H1 earlier as well. Have you ever been to US?
    A. The H1 is about 10 years ago, and the B1 is from my current employer, but I did not travel to US.
    5. What is your pay?
    A. ABC
    6. How did you get this offer?
    A. I was looking our for an offer, and got to see the posting in early April and applied. There were multiple rounds of interview, before they decided to issued the offer.
    7. What is the website?
    A. ABC
    8. Do you have a client letter.
    A. I am going to work on a in house project.
    9. Who is your client
    A. I am going to work on internal Project
    10. Where are you currently working?
    A. ABC
    11. Explain me about the Project
    A. The project I am going to work is ABC project, which is an online portal to procure ABC needs over the portal.
    12. What are the modules?
    A. ABC .
    13. Can you give me the Project Documentation
    A. Sure
    14. Do you have any additional documents to share?
    A. Tax Returns, financial statements, company photographs
    15. After seeing the Photographs, he asked me have you been here?
    A. No
    16. What is the address?
    A. ABC .
    17. Will you be working out from there?
    A. Yes
    18. He asked me do you have any other documentation to pass on to me?
    A. I gave him the I797 (Original) & I 129.

He told, "I think you have all the documents which are needed. I see the Tax Returns, financial statements and everything", and took out the 221(g) sheet and checked the first check box. Following is the content in it:

"YOU WILL RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED IN YOUR APPLICATION".
    and provided the email address to contact, if I don't hear back in 5 business days.

He kept all the documents except my passport. There was no case number provided even.

When I asked a gentleman of the consulate about this white slip, he told the VO should have sent you an email by now. Please respond to it. But I did not receive any email.

I exactly don't know what to make out of this, what to do and what are the next steps.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

mvr

Comment

Thanks Yogi. Did you get any information from the Consulate or did you try contacting them.... Any idea on how long we need to wait. I dont see any progress, and waiting is tough...

Thanks
      mvr

Originally posted by Yogi.returned View Post
      I attended H1B visa interview on 10 Oct, 2012 @ Hyderabad consulate. VO issued me 221g with passport number on it instead of case number. He returned my passport, but kept my I797 document.

I guess we need to wait... (BTW: I got 221g because I have DUI conviction in USA)
      mvr

Comment

Hi,

Can you please post your status with your wait times. That would definitely help me A LOT who is in the same boat.

Thanks.

Thanks Yogi. Did you get any information from the Consulate or did you try contacting them.... Any idea on how long we need to wait. I dont see any progress, and waiting is tough...

Thanks
        mvr

Comment

Hi,

I have been waiting since Oct30. No information yet. It still says administrative processing.

Thanks & Good Luck!!! If possible post your status.

Regards,
          mvr

Originally posted by reshmars View Post
          Hi,

Can you please post your status with your wait times. That would definitely help me A LOT who is in the same boat.

Thanks.
          mvr

Comment

Hi,

I have been waiting since Oct30. No information yet. It still says administrative processing.

Thanks & Good Luck!!! If possible post your status.

Regards,
            mvr
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply... have you ever gotten the email from them? He checked the box where it says 'you will receive an email.....' but haven't received one yet. Did you email them asking for more details?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I did not get an email. I mailed them thrice and called thrice... but did not receive any response. During one call they asked me to check the following site for details:

Thanks
              mvr

Originally posted by reshmars View Post
              Hi,

Thanks for your reply... have you ever gotten the email from them? He checked the box where it says 'you will receive an email.....' but haven't received one yet. Did you email them asking for more details?

Thanks.
              mvr

Comment

Hi mvr, I'm also in the same boat..hav you got any response?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X