Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

shashank,

i have asked my employer to check with attorney and raise a formal status confirmation ..... will keep you updated what my attorney said if its possible or not.

Comment

update??

Guys any update on your case ??

Comment

Originally posted by mbist View Post
        Guys any update on your case ??
        My interview was on Monday...I have posted my experience asking few questions in this thread started by me....

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php/106694-221g-white-paper

However today the website is able to recognize my case number and shows below message..

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

" Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website. "

When I sent email to get PP status..it says. " PP is still with post.."

[email protected]

I will wait for few days..but just in case if you guyz are aware of any other contacts from where I can get updates..I have seen in the 221g blue forum for Mumbai with some number for DOS..

Hoping for best.. and for all people going through this brutal wait and mental trauma of getting PP's back with approved visa...

Thanks..

Comment

my case h1b 221g questionnaire

Hi, I attended my interview on Dec 7th at hyderabad and the VO barely asked me any questions. I'm in a marketing related job but in a big technology company (direct employee). I did my MS in Biotech. This is my first H1B and i was on Opt for a year before this. The VO handed me a form about 221g with the "consulate will email you with a questionnaire" option ticked. He said watch out for an email from us and reply to the questionnaire and we will start the process after we receive the reply from you. He retained my passport and DS-160 confirmationa and copy of i-797. I had a similar experience during my F1 visa interview 3 years ago, and it took about 4 weeks for the processing. I wonder what the process time will be this time. I'm very worried as it is my first H1B and this 221g doesnt seem to leave me alone.
          2 days back i was unable to track on us embassy website, and yesterday the passport status was sending weird replies. I chatted with a representative from ustraveldocs and she confirmed passport is still undergoing processing at consulate. Meanwhile tracking on us embassy website seems to be back to normal where it says case currently under process.

Comment

adna****aist;288479]Hi shashank,

what status you are getting when you send a mail to passportstatus email id ..... for me its coming "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" for past 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

Any updates on anybody's case..I'm getting same message when I'm emailing to get passport status update...did anyone call any helpline..if so is it same irrespective of consulate..

Comment

No Update

No updates .... same status for Me...

Comment

Finally got some update

guys,

Finally my passport status says "The current status of your passport is Origination Scan" ... i hope my passport has visa stamped

Comment

221 g issued and retained PP AND I797

Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
                  Hope all you guyz will get the visa soon...

Can you guyz please share what type of documents were required to be submitted or what were the additional documents consulate office requested to submit..

Thanks
                  Hi sir

sir are u issued the visa.i am also facing same situation like u had faced.

Comment

221g Delhi embassy white form

Details
                    Biometrics on 16th October
                    Interview on 17th, New Delhi
                    Applied for b1 visa to attend a scientific conference ( from 30th now to 5th December ). Asked for 15 days stay. First time international travel

Vo: good morning
                    Me: good morning
                    Vo: yr passport
                    I handed it over
                    Vo : what do u do
                    Me: I'm. Doctor doing MD from xxxx govt medical doll
                    Vo: why hv u done your mbbs from
                    Me: from the same institute
                    Vo: why are u traveling to us
                    To attend a scientific conference in which my research paper has been accepted and I hv received an invitation letter.
                    Vo: what's the topic
                    Me : told him
                    Vo: go to counter no 9 for some additional questions otherwise everything is fine
                    I went. There was an Indian lady asked my passport. Took out a white form ( some 221g of some act )entered case file number and date and asked me to email some documents ( invitation letter, cv, itinerary, sponsors etc)
                    I mailed them on 20th oct.
                    Any1 has any idea if I get the visa or not and if yes how long will it take?
                    I checked the status online, it says administrative processing...

Comment

221 (G) - need information

Hi Admin,
                      I have one question, I transferred my H1B from One client to another Company. Right now I am in India I din’t book any slot for appointment. But I got a call from my new employer and he said 2 persons went for the interview and they got 221(g) so he told me to hold on till they got clear. Now Its almost 3 months no update.
                      So, my question is if for same employer 2 persons already got 221(g) means in my case also it will repeat..? or just luck base..?
                      while interview VO will update in the system how many got 221(g) query for this client..? so rest has to follow same ..?

Do I need to wait till they get clear..? please advice.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by rajen797 View Post
                        Hi Admin,
                        I have one question, I transferred my H1B from One client to another Company. Right now I am in India I din’t book any slot for appointment. But I got a call from my new employer and he said 2 persons went for the interview and they got 221(g) so he told me to hold on till they got clear. Now Its almost 3 months no update.
                        So, my question is if for same employer 2 persons already got 221(g) means in my case also it will repeat..? or just luck base..?
                        while interview VO will update in the system how many got 221(g) query for this client..? so rest has to follow same ..?

Do I need to wait till they get clear..? please advice.

Thanks,
                        Each case is different, you technically need not wait for them if you are confident of your employer and have the right documentation. Ask employer specifics as to why the others are beign subjected to 221G, maybe its a problem with genuineness of employer itself. If that is the case then you should probably think about changing the employer. Do you have the client letter, SOW, MSA etc as per petition?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
                          Each case is different, you technically need not wait for them if you are confident of your employer and have the right documentation. Ask employer specifics as to why the others are beign subjected to 221G, maybe its a problem with genuineness of employer itself. If that is the case then you should probably think about changing the employer. Do you have the client letter, SOW, MSA etc as per petition?

Hi thanks for your valuble replay...
                          Currently which I have applied for transfer that company is known product based company in US and while transfering I got RFC also regarding the project details..that got cleared in 3 weeks..
                          Now for the same client 2 persons applied as new H1B..they got 221(g) for project details.
                          I have all the required docs with me..
                          So, if I went for stamping they will treat as my separate case..or simply for that client already in 221(g) so for me also they give same slip..?
                          Or is there any gurenty if I wait to clear them..after then I won't get any 221(g)..?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Hi thanks for your valuble replay...
                            Currently which I have applied for transfer that company is known product based company in US and while transfering I got RFC also regarding the project details..that got cleared in 3 weeks..
                            Now for the same client 2 persons applied as new H1B..they got 221(g) for project details.
                            I have all the required docs with me..
                            So, if I went for stamping they will treat as my separate case..or simply for that client already in 221(g) so for me also they give same slip..?
                            Or is there any gurenty if I wait to clear them..after then I won't get any 221(g)..?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X