Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment -DS 160

Hello,

Does this entire application process have interdependencies and is time bounded i.e. for e.g. If I want to book an appointment for 20th December, are there a specific number of days before which I cannot fill out the DS-160 and/or pay the visa fees like 30 days before the interview date etc....
    I see it says the form remains active for 30 days, does it matter If I fill it out today and print out the confermation page and then book an interview date for the 20th dec?

Appreciate any help.

Manik

Originally posted by manikgulati View Post
    Hello,

Does this entire application process have interdependencies and is time bounded i.e. for e.g. If I want to book an appointment for 20th December, are there a specific number of days before which I cannot fill out the DS-160 and/or pay the visa fees like 30 days before the interview date etc....
    I see it says the form remains active for 30 days, does it matter If I fill it out today and print out the confermation page and then book an interview date for the 20th dec?

Appreciate any help.

Manik
    The process is interdependent but not time wise. Your file is on the database for 30 days but you can always save the .dat file and upload it anytime. I have used for my wife after two years. But once you've completed your DS-160, you can pay for the fee and book an appointment anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by itsshanks View Post
      The process is interdependent but not time wise. Your file is on the database for 30 days but you can always save the .dat file and upload it anytime. I have used for my wife after two years. But once you've completed your DS-160, you can pay for the fee and book an appointment anytime.
      ok, thanks. so to confirm, If I finish the form and get the confirmation page printed out today.......and lets say I pay the fees tomorrow.(7thNov), I am fine with booking an appointment for the 20th dec...........there will not be any issues at the time of interview?

Thanks again
      Manik

Comment

Originally posted by manikgulati View Post
        ok, thanks. so to confirm, If I finish the form and get the confirmation page printed out today.......and lets say I pay the fees tomorrow.(7thNov), I am fine with booking an appointment for the 20th dec...........there will not be any issues at the time of interview?

Thanks again
        Manik
        It should be fine as long as you use everything within a year. As you know the fee receipt is valid only for a year and I believe that DS-160 is also in the database not more than that. But once you use the confirmation number to pay the fee and get an appointment within a year of paying the fees, you should be fine.

Comment

DS160 form

HI Manikgulati,

I have added all the details in DS160 form and did not complete "SIGN and SUBMIT" stage. Once we sign and submit can we modify the details ? And do we need to sign and submit and enter DS160 confirmation number in https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ before paying fee ?

Also in https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ , one of the page it is asking for start and expiration date details in PETITIONER column? Could you please let me know what needs to be filled in these columns?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
          Dasakumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X