Ds-160 form query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds-160 form query

Hi, I am getting married in Jan next year and was trying to make an appointment for my would be wife and me for H4 and H1 visas, respectively. While filling out the DS-160 form, should I mention that I am married or single? I would be going for the visa interview after I am married with my wife, but I am filling out the form now and trying to schedule a date.

Please advice. Thanks much!

Originally posted by jkm2282 View Post
    Hi, I am getting married in Jan next year and was trying to make an appointment for my would be wife and me for H4 and H1 visas, respectively. While filling out the DS-160 form, should I mention that I am married or single? I would be going for the visa interview after I am married with my wife, but I am filling out the form now and trying to schedule a date.

Please advice. Thanks much!
    DS-160 should always be filled as if you are filling it on the day of the interview. If you are sure that on the day of the appointment you would be married and will have the relevant documents supporting that mention as married.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      DS-160 should always be filled as if you are filling it on the day of the interview. If you are sure that on the day of the appointment you would be married and will have the relevant documents supporting that mention as married.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the reply. So, there won't be any issues if I mention married right now, even though I am not, correct?

And the relevant documents you mentioned would be the marriage certificate, wedding cards, wedding pictures, etc.?

Comment

I dont see any issues.
        Yes, marriage certificate, wedding album are valid proof.

This is my opinion, not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I dont see any issues.
          Yes, marriage certificate, wedding album are valid proof.

This is my opinion, not legal advice.
          Thanks once again. Also, I will need to fill out a separate DS-160 for my wife, but I wouldn't need to make a separate appointment for her, correct? I am assuming she will be going for the interview with me, I will just add her as a dependent when I schedule my appointment, right?

Do I need to make 2 visa payments of $190 each, since I am filling out two separate DS-160s, or do I need to pay just 1, since I we are going for the interview together? Can you please clarify? Thanks much!

Comment

Bumping this, can anyone please answer this? Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X