(H4) Your passport is under process at US EMBASSY/CONSULATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (H4) Your passport is under process at US EMBASSY/CONSULATE

My Wife attended the (H4) visa interview at Hyderabad on Oct 10. Her interview went fine and VISA officer took the passport.
    Its been 1 month and we have not received our passport stamped. Tried calling the help line and they keep telling that my passport was still under process at embassy. When i email to helpline it is saying that there is no update for this passport submitted. Is any body facing the same issue.

Please let us know.

H4_visa221(g)

Originally posted by safari01 View Post
    My Wife attended the (H4) visa interview at Hyderabad on Oct 10. Her interview went fine and VISA officer took the passport.
    Its been 1 month and we have not received our passport stamped. Tried calling the help line and they keep telling that my passport was still under process at embassy. When i email to helpline it is saying that there is no update for this passport submitted. Is any body facing the same issue.

Please let us know.
    Same situation here with me, my wife attend H4 visa on oct 4, passport officer took her passport and handed a white slip to submit documents to New Delhi OFC. After one month of submission they returned the passport without any visa or notice with it. That's totally unusual, then i tried to contact embassy they told me that the case is still in queue to review by visa officer. Now one month after submitting document there is no clue about the case status. And online it's showing that they cannot verify the case number.

Still waiting for a update from Embassy.

Comment

Hi,

Are any of you guys working in the EVC or EVVC model ? Or had a 221G/white/pink slips during your own stamping ?

Cheers,
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        Hi,

Are any of you guys working in the EVC or EVVC model ? Or had a 221G/white/pink slips during your own stamping ?

Cheers,
        Sometimes if the spouse has degree in Chemistry/Biology or related areas additional background checking is done. that coudl also delay the H4/L2 etc processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Sometimes if the spouse has degree in Chemistry/Biology or related areas additional background checking is done. that coudl also delay the H4/L2 etc processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Usually how long does it take to complete Administrative processing. There is no update on case status for a month,

Comment

Any updates on H4 Visa status..?

Any updates on H4 Visa status..?

Originally posted by safari01 View Post

Please let us know.

Comment

I exactly have the same issue, I also posted a separate thread on it.
              My husband attended H4 interview on Nov 30th in Hyderabad and his interview went fine and VO took his passport. He hasnt received his passport yet. Helpline says "Documents are with consular post" and their automatic email says "There is no update on passport number provided".
              He is not a Chemistry/Biology graduate, not sure whats going on. We have also cancelled his tickets which we have booked for this weekend.
              Does anyone know how to know exactly whats going on with his passport. The helpline doesn't seem to be of any help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X