Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Marriage and H4 Visa -- Help Needed

Hello All,

I am in US and my boyfriend is in London. We are going to India to get married. We will be doing court marriage in the presence of our parents and very few relatives. We are planning to go for My H1b stamping and his H4 stamping together on the same day (Same Window). I have some major concerns :

1. My Boyfriend's F1 visa was rejected twice. Will that effect his H4 visa chances?
    2. We are just planning to do court marriage. I read on a lot of blogs that pictures of Fire Ceremony are important to show during ceremony. Is it really important to do Marriage according to Hindu rituals in order to get the H4 visa approved?

Thank You So much in advance for your time and responses !!

Originally posted by amandeep12 View Post
    Hello All,

I am in US and my boyfriend is in London. We are going to India to get married. We will be doing court marriage in the presence of our parents and very few relatives. We are planning to go for My H1b stamping and his H4 stamping together on the same day (Same Window). I have some major concerns :

1. My Boyfriend's F1 visa was rejected twice. Will that effect his H4 visa chances?
    2. We are just planning to do court marriage. I read on a lot of blogs that pictures of Fire Ceremony are important to show during ceremony. Is it really important to do Marriage according to Hindu rituals in order to get the H4 visa approved?

From what I have heard, the pictures are important to show that the marriage is not a sham. I don't know how it proves otherwise, may be it looks more genuine. We had an album with us during my wife's H4 visa interview and I think the VO asked for the pictures. We had a Hindu wedding but we planned for Arya Samaaj wedding in case we didn't have. So you might consider Arya Samaaj wedding as it can be done in a day (there is some process for that) and I know one of my friends didn't have trouble that way.

I can't say if F1 denials would have an impact or not.

Comment

Originally posted by amandeep12 View Post
      Hello All,

-- No, but it must be mentioned on the form.
      -- Not required. Your certificate is sufficient and you can always take a few pictures at the court/registration office.

See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X