Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 Interview Waiver Issue

Hi All,

I am an H1B visa holder which just got renewed (have approval letrer), and hence requires stamping. I am getting married in December in India and planning to bring my wife on H4. I was plannig to do a joint interview. We filled up our DS160 forms. Then I created an account on the travel docs site for myself wiht her as a dependent. We made the fee payment jointly and were just waiting for the dates to open.

Just this morning the site prompted me to check if I qualify for the interview waiver program. And I did since I had the same visa before with the same employer and also met the other criteria. When I replied yes to my qualifying for the program I received a dropbox confirmation letter that only requires me to submit my document at the visa application center (no biometric or interview). It lists my wife (soon to be) as the dependent.

Now the issue is my wife did not have a visa before. So logically she should be required to appear for the interview. But I do not see any option to schedule interview just for her. Do i now need to create a separate travel docs profile for her and schedule an appointment? Or do i need to somehow go back and say I do not qualify for the program and schedule joint interviews for both of us (i have not found this option yet on the site but may be i ll call them if needed).

Please help!

Thanks and Regards!

I would assume that in that case you'll have to create just an account for her. I was in the same boat as I qualify but my wife does not (F1 to H4) and then I wasn't sure if it would have let me do with single receipt. I never got that prompt but I decided to go with her just for peace of mind as lately I have heard people having issue with H4 visa too!

Comment

I think the interview waiver does not apply for H1 Visa anyway. Best option would be to call them and ask.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ani27 View Post
        Hi All,

I am an H1B visa holder which just got renewed (have approval letrer), and hence requires stamping. I am getting married in December in India and planning to bring my wife on H4. I was plannig to do a joint interview. We filled up our DS160 forms. Then I created an account on the travel docs site for myself wiht her as a dependent. We made the fee payment jointly and were just waiting for the dates to open.

Just this morning the site prompted me to check if I qualify for the interview waiver program. And I did since I had the same visa before with the same employer and also met the other criteria. When I replied yes to my qualifying for the program I received a dropbox confirmation letter that only requires me to submit my document at the visa application center (no biometric or interview). It lists my wife (soon to be) as the dependent.

Now the issue is my wife did not have a visa before. So logically she should be required to appear for the interview. But I do not see any option to schedule interview just for her. Do i now need to create a separate travel docs profile for her and schedule an appointment? Or do i need to somehow go back and say I do not qualify for the program and schedule joint interviews for both of us (i have not found this option yet on the site but may be i ll call them if needed).

Please help!

Thanks and Regards!
        Hello,

I am in the same boat. How did you end up resolving it? Even if we qualify for IWP, can we still go thru the joint interview process? or do we have to go thru IWP?

Comment

Originally posted by nainesh21 View Post
          Hello,

I am in the same boat. How did you end up resolving it? Even if we qualify for IWP, can we still go thru the joint interview process? or do we have to go thru IWP?
          IWP applies to almost all class if you've an expired visa within 12 months. You can always say "NO" to the automated questions and schedule your interview. I did this and also confirmed by calling CS.

Comment

Originally posted by ani27 View Post
            Hi All,

Please help!

Thanks and Regards!
            I am also in the same situation. Did you able to get the visa stamp ? If yes, Would you please let me know.

Thanks !

Comment

Any Suggestions folks?

I am in the same boat as well . I am eligible for IWP for my H1B renewal but my spouse is not eligible for IWP for her H4 VISA(She does not have a USA Visa already) . However when I tried to schedule a family interview for both of us , I have ended up with a DropBox Confirmation letter now.

Can someone please provide your suggestions on how to schedule an interview for both of us jointly now?Sure, this is a common situation which many had previously crossed.

Thanks in Anticipation !

Comment

Originally posted by kannan_v02 View Post
                I am in the same boat as well . I am eligible for IWP for my H1B renewal but my spouse is not eligible for IWP for her H4 VISA(She does not have a USA Visa already) . However when I tried to schedule a family interview for both of us , I have ended up with a DropBox Confirmation letter now.

Can someone please provide your suggestions on how to schedule an interview for both of us jointly now?Sure, this is a common situation which many had previously crossed.

Thanks in Anticipation !
                Hello, I'm in same boat right now. Could you please let me know how did you resolve your case ? Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X