Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797 B: stamping consulate and change of employer

Hi
    I am currently working in USA on OPT-STEM expiring in Oct 2013. I got H1 B approved under consular processing in Oct 2012. I have received I797 B from USCIS. My status is still F1. I am highly confused about a few things now:

1. I797 B mentions Mumbai as the consulate which has been notified of my H1 B approval. Do I have to go to Mumbai only for stamping or am I allowed to go to Delhi consulate as well?

2. This is totally unrelated to 1 above. If I change employers before stamping, the new employer has to apply again for my H1B in the regular cycle (subjected to cap) or it has to get a transfer only?

3. Is I797 B interview different than I797C? is the application subjected to greater scrutiny?

Please reply.

Please reply to my question. It is urgent.

Comment

Originally posted by coolindia View Post
      Hi
      I am currently working in USA on OPT-STEM expiring in Oct 2013. I got H1 B approved under consular processing in Oct 2012. I have received I797 B from USCIS. My status is still F1. I am highly confused about a few things now:

1. I797 B mentions Mumbai as the consulate which has been notified of my H1 B approval. Do I have to go to Mumbai only for stamping or am I allowed to go to Delhi consulate as well?
      -- You can go anywhere.
      2. This is totally unrelated to 1 above. If I change employers before stamping, the new employer has to apply again for my H1B in the regular cycle (subjected to cap) or it has to get a transfer only?
      -- New petition will be cap-exempt.

3. Is I797 B interview different than I797C? is the application subjected to greater scrutiny?
      -- C is generally for receipts and attorney copies. It has nothing to do with how it was or will be processed.
      Please reply.
      See above.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X