Collection of passport in Mumbai after visa stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of passport in Mumbai after visa stamp

The consular officer retained my passport after saying my visa was approved. I did not get a receipt of any sort saying that the US consulate has my passport.
    Was this everyone else's experience?

Also, how long after the collection does it take to register in their system? When I use email tracking it says that "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

What is the typical visa collection procedure from the Offsite location? DO they send you an email and then you go in person to the offsite location? What proof of identity do you have to present for collection?

Thanks!

The website says "You must present an original government-issued photo ID."

I don't know what it means for residents of the US. Would they accept US Driving License as they got the only GOI issued ID .

Comment

Thanks. Good question about which govt has to provide the ID. Since the pick up is offsite and not the consulate, my guess is Indian - will take both.

Originally posted by itsshanks View Post
      The website says "You must present an original government-issued photo ID."

I don't know what it means for residents of the US. Would they accept US Driving License as they got the only GOI issued ID .

Comment

Originally posted by mrburroughs View Post
        Thanks. Good question about which govt has to provide the ID. Since the pick up is offsite and not the consulate, my guess is Indian - will take both.
        What if you don't have any Indian photo ID?

Comment

Originally posted by mrburroughs View Post
          The consular officer retained my passport after saying my visa was approved. I did not get a receipt of any sort saying that the US consulate has my passport.
          Was this everyone else's experience?

Also, how long after the collection does it take to register in their system? When I use email tracking it says that "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

What is the typical visa collection procedure from the Offsite location? DO they send you an email and then you go in person to the offsite location? What proof of identity do you have to present for collection?

Thanks!
          Did you receive any response on this, i was getting your passport still with post and now i am getting same status message "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

consular retain my passport by saying your visa approved but didnt provided back approved I129 back to me by saying some problem with application and you will receive it by next week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X