Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H 1B Visa - passport delay.

Hi,

I came back to India to get my H-1B visa (extension) stamped. My interview was on 16th Nov at Delhi consulate. At the time of interview the interviewer just looked at my passport, D-160 and I797 and told me that my visa was approved. She also told me that I will get my passport back with other documents in 2 business days.

I know still it not much time yet but my friends who went for same class visa a day before and a day after me have already got their passports back.

I tried checking my passport status thru email and phone - i keep getting my message as "Your passport is still with post.".

I am getting little worried. Do i need to take some action here? Is there anyone else with similar issue? Is there something I can do?

Thank in advance.

--Shashank

Originally posted by Shashank Mittal View Post
    Hi,

I came back to India to get my H-1B visa (extension) stamped. My interview was on 16th Nov at Delhi consulate. At the time of interview the interviewer just looked at my passport, D-160 and I797 and told me that my visa was approved. She also told me that I will get my passport back with other documents in 2 business days.

I know still it not much time yet but my friends who went for same class visa a day before and a day after me have already got their passports back.

I tried checking my passport status thru email and phone - i keep getting my message as "Your passport is still with post.".

I am getting little worried. Do i need to take some action here? Is there anyone else with similar issue? Is there something I can do?

Thank in advance.

--Shashank
    The website says it can take up to a week to receive the passports. So you still got a couple of days. Per new rules you have to pick up the passport from the "delivery" location you chose. So if your friends got visa delivered to their home address or similar then they must have had interview before 09/26/12 or through old process. Can you please confirm this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X