Some questions about interview waiver program for H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about interview waiver program for H1B

So I am applying for H1B renewal at Mumbai and turned out I qualified for the Interview waiver program. Apparently this is a very recent change for H1B (3-4 days back).

Has anyone taken advantage of this yet? I called them 2-3 times and each time they gave me different answer. Once they said I qualify, and once they said H1B doesnt qualify still.

Also I am bit confused if I still need to schedule an interview for fingerprinting and photo. I tried calling them but they keep saying there is an issue with the system (separate thread going on in this forum on that)

At this point i dont mind even scheduling interview for stamping since I need to travel soon but apparently due to system issue I cannot do that either.

Originally posted by anm9up View Post
    So I am applying for H1B renewal at Mumbai and turned out I qualified for the Interview waiver program. Apparently this is a very recent change for H1B (3-4 days back).

Has anyone taken advantage of this yet? I called them 2-3 times and each time they gave me different answer. Once they said I qualify, and once they said H1B doesnt qualify still.

Also I am bit confused if I still need to schedule an interview for fingerprinting and photo. I tried calling them but they keep saying there is an issue with the system (separate thread going on in this forum on that)

At this point i dont mind even scheduling interview for stamping since I need to travel soon but apparently due to system issue I cannot do that either.

I am also contemplating whether to go with this or not in Mumbai consulate. I am on H1-B and my wife is on H4 and we both qualify for this.
    Just not sure if this is worth it. They did mention if needed they might call for an interview but I am trying to think in case they call and the short time we are in India (3 weeks) how easy will be to get a date and then will have to alter plans.

I am not sure

Comment

Originally posted by ram999 View Post
      I am also contemplating whether to go with this or not in Mumbai consulate. I am on H1-B and my wife is on H4 and we both qualify for this.
      Just not sure if this is worth it. They did mention if needed they might call for an interview but I am trying to think in case they call and the short time we are in India (3 weeks) how easy will be to get a date and then will have to alter plans.

I am not sure
      I tried to use the new dropbox facility which they opened up for H1b (according to the consulate website) but unfortunately the Bangalore VFS center didn't accept my documents. They say it is applicable for only children and 80+ aged people. When I filled out the application on ustraveldocs.com and on the page where it asks a bunch of questions related to dropbox, I was able to answer all of the questions as Yes. I have called the customer service center a number times now and none of them can give me a clear answer. They all recommended I get an appointment for IWP (fingerprinting and document submission in Chennai). This is such a frustrating experience overall.

If anyone successfully used the dropbox functionality, I would appreciate if you post some details/experience with it.

Comment

Just wanted to close the loop on my below comment. I got the center to accept my application finally. I got my visa stamped and got back my passport, so didn't have to go to Chennai.

Originally posted by them1 View Post
        I tried to use the new dropbox facility which they opened up for H1b (according to the consulate website) but unfortunately the Bangalore VFS center didn't accept my documents. They say it is applicable for only children and 80+ aged people. When I filled out the application on ustraveldocs.com and on the page where it asks a bunch of questions related to dropbox, I was able to answer all of the questions as Yes. I have called the customer service center a number times now and none of them can give me a clear answer. They all recommended I get an appointment for IWP (fingerprinting and document submission in Chennai). This is such a frustrating experience overall.

If anyone successfully used the dropbox functionality, I would appreciate if you post some details/experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by them1 View Post
          Just wanted to close the loop on my below comment. I got the center to accept my application finally. I got my visa stamped and got back my passport, so didn't have to go to Chennai.
          Hi them1. How long did it take from the day you submitted your documents to the day you were informed the passport was ready for pickup?

I am considering using the dropbox facility but only have 2 weeks in the country, so have to decide whether to do dropbox or go for an appointment.

Thanks!

Comment

H1b Interview waiver program experience in Hyderabad

I have been working with the same petitioner and qualified for the interview waiver program.

I took an OFC appointment on 01/23/2013. I had called the VFS call center the previous day for a list of documents to take with me.

I took all originals as well as copies of all supporting documents.

At the counter, I was asked to submit any documents that can support my case. Very vague, so I submitted a copy of all the documents I had on me.
            I received my passport with the stamp on 01/30/2013, almost 6 business days (During which VFS was unhelpful with status updates over the phone/email)

I would recommend, taking a copy of absolutely all documents and submitting them. Also, be prepared to wait around 10 business days (to be on the safe side) after OFC.

Someone I know took the OFC+Interview option and received their passport back in 3 business days.
            Last edited by kva; 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X