Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted?

While I was in US in L1B VISA, my i94 expired on 3rd Dec 2011, But I had applied for extension on 21st Nov 2011 and continued to stay since it was legal to stay until a decision is made.

On 12th Mar 2012, the status changed to denied and I left the country on 17th March 2012. ( 5 days to wrap up and leave the country )

Now, I have got H1B approved and filling DS160. What should be my answer for the question, "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or violated visa terms?"

Yes or No?

If It is Yes, Will it cause any problem or trigger any warning for the consulate officer during visa interview?

Thanks,
    Shafaf

Originally posted by Arcticbreeze View Post
    While I was in US in L1B VISA, my i94 expired on 3rd Dec 2011, But I had applied for extension on 21st Nov 2011 and continued to stay since it was legal to stay until a decision is made.

On 12th Mar 2012, the status changed to denied and I left the country on 17th March 2012. ( 5 days to wrap up and leave the country )

Now, I have got H1B approved and filling DS160. What should be my answer for the question, "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or violated visa terms?"

Yes or No?

If It is Yes, Will it cause any problem or trigger any warning for the consulate officer during visa interview?

Thanks,
    Shafaf
    I am in the same boat now. Can you tell us how it worked for you? and what did you mention?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X