Passport Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Issue

Hi - I have a peculiar issue. One the ustraveldocs website, in the supporting documents section, it states - "A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States". My passport is expiring on the 22nd Jan 2014 and my I94 is valid till March 2014. Thing is, I can send my passport for renewal only one year before it's supposed to expire, that is not before 22nd Jan 2013 and my visa interview date is 23rd Jan 2013. So, for obvious reasons, I cannot send it over for renewal. Would it create any issues? Please advice. Thanks!

Originally posted by jkm2282 View Post
    Hi - I have a peculiar issue. One the ustraveldocs website, in the supporting documents section, it states - "A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States". My passport is expiring on the 22nd Jan 2014 and my I94 is valid till March 2014. Thing is, I can send my passport for renewal only one year before it's supposed to expire, that is not before 22nd Jan 2013 and my visa interview date is 23rd Jan 2013. So, for obvious reasons, I cannot send it over for renewal. Would it create any issues? Please advice. Thanks!
    Create any issues for? What are you trying to do? File extension? COS?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Create any issues for? What are you trying to do? File extension? COS?
      I meant create any issues during the stamping process. I will file for the passport renewal after the stamping is done. Wanted to get it done before but couldn't because of the reasons I explained before.

Comment

Your mentioning of I-94 confuses. You should submit all I-94 while leaving US, if you are going for stamping you should not have any I-94 with you. With that said, as long as your passport is valid for more than 6 Months at the time of visa interview I dont think you will face any problem. Many people travel with valid visa in old expired passports by carrying both old and new passports together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Your mentioning of I-94 confuses. You should submit all I-94 while leaving US, if you are going for stamping you should not have any I-94 with you. With that said, as long as your passport is valid for more than 6 Months at the time of visa interview I dont think you will face any problem. Many people travel with valid visa in old expired passports by carrying both old and new passports together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Sorry, I meant I797, not I94, my bad.

So this shouldn't be a problem? When I read it on the ustraveldocs website, it confused and scared me at same time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X