Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa -Total Years to Stay in U.S

HI Team,

My husband is currently in H1B Visa,he got this new H1B visa in October 2011,before that he was in L1B Visa from NOV 2008 too SEP 2011,
    now my question is his visa validity expires on Sep 2014,will he allowed for another extension? and how many years he can totally stay in U.S
    from October 2011?
    Please help us to find the answer....

Thanks,
    Nicky....

Originally posted by Nicky paul View Post
    HI Team,

My husband is currently in H1B Visa,he got this new H1B visa in October 2011,before that he was in L1B Visa from NOV 2008 too SEP 2011,
    now my question is his visa validity expires on Sep 2014,will he allowed for another extension? and how many years he can totally stay in U.S
    from October 2011?
    Please help us to find the answer....

Thanks,
    Nicky....
    L1 + H1 combined stay can be at max 6 Years. This 6 years is calculated as the actual physical presence days in US. That means your husband can spend 6 continuous years since Nov 2008 till Nov 2014. If your husband has spent/spends some time outside US during these 6 Years that time can be recaptured.
    The way to extend stay beyond 2014 is to get Green card filed and I140 is filed 365 days before 6 years completion. Otherwise, he will have to stay outside US for one full year in order to be eligible for another 6 Years of H1. Also, if you are on H1/L1 and not completed your full tenure he can convert to H4/L2 to stay too.

Read more at https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-ext...-years-in-usa/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X