Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B Trasnfer status

Hi All,

I have been working with Company A in US by L1B since 3 years . Since my L1B visa is getting expired by March 2013 I have asked to initiate the H1B process by same company for the 2013 quota. My question here, I have I-94 until March 2014 but visa expire March 2013, is that fine I can stay back in US and apply H1B for 2013 quota? Will that create any negative impact on my visa approval?

Your answers are well appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by rrishiraj View Post
    Hi All,

I have been working with Company A in US by L1B since 3 years . Since my L1B visa is getting expired by March 2013 I have asked to initiate the H1B process by same company for the 2013 quota. My question here, I have I-94 until March 2014 but visa expire March 2013, is that fine I can stay back in US and apply H1B for 2013 quota? Will that create any negative impact on my visa approval?

Your answers are well appreciated. Thanks!
    You can work on your L1B associated I-94 till March 2014. You can apply for COS to H1 B in April 2013 and start working on H1B from 01-Oct-2013 or later. Ensure that the company applies H1 petiton as COS and not as Consular Processing. If company doesnt apply it as COS then you can work on H1 only after getting H1 outside US.Advisable not to travel outside US while COS is in pending.

Also, irrespective of H1 application/approval or L1 extension/approval, after March 2013 whenever you leave US, in order to come back to US you would need to get a new visa stamping done in passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X