Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous employment issue for H1B stamping

Hi,

I have my H1B stamping (first time) visa interview scheduled at Chennai within the next few weeks.
    Previously, I worked on an OPT for a company on a contract basis and my contract ended prematurely.
    I sought a new job within a few months but during which I was not being paid.

Is it possible that the officer at the consulate might inquire about my previous job?
    If so, I do not have any paychecks for the months I was searching for a new job, although I was not sure if I was officially terminated.
    It is possible that the total period in this situation (unemployed?) exceeded 90 days but is surely less than 120 days (allowed under STEM OPT extension).
    I filed my STEM OPT extension with the new employer and got it approved.
    Eventually, my H1B petition was also filed by the new company and was approved as a COS within the US.
    I am going for the interview with this approved petition but worried about the possibility of previous employment issue coming up.

If anyone was in this situation before or has any opinions on this issue, that will be of great help!

Thanks!

Originally posted by pgsangam View Post
    Hi,

I have my H1B stamping (first time) visa interview scheduled at Chennai within the next few weeks.
    Previously, I worked on an OPT for a company on a contract basis and my contract ended prematurely.
    I sought a new job within a few months but during which I was not being paid.

Is it possible that the officer at the consulate might inquire about my previous job?
    If so, I do not have any paychecks for the months I was searching for a new job, although I was not sure if I was officially terminated.
    It is possible that the total period in this situation (unemployed?) exceeded 90 days but is surely less than 120 days (allowed under STEM OPT extension).
    I filed my STEM OPT extension with the new employer and got it approved.
    Eventually, my H1B petition was also filed by the new company and was approved as a COS within the US.
    I am going for the interview with this approved petition but worried about the possibility of previous employment issue coming up.

If anyone was in this situation before or has any opinions on this issue, that will be of great help!

Thanks!
    Someone, please help....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X