Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B + H4 First time Stamping together

Hi All,

I have an approved H1-B and am getting married on Feb 1st. Me and My husband would like to attend the visa stamping (h1 and h4) together around feb 6-7th.
    I am filling out the DS 160 forms now, can we indicate " Married" as our both marital status and mention my spouse details. We would be married at the time of interview and have a marriage certificate.

1) Will it be a problem if the marriage certificate date is Feb1st 2013 and I filled out the ds 160 form in dec 2012 saying we are married.??
    2) Or Can I indicate our marital status as single now in both our ds 160 forms(h1 and h4) and later change the ds 160 form to married once we are married.

Would really appreciate if i could get a reply, as its very confusing.Thanks

Could some one please reply.??
    Originally posted by madz View Post
    Hi All,

I have an approved H1-B and am getting married on Feb 1st. Me and My husband would like to attend the visa stamping (h1 and h4) together around feb 6-7th.
    I am filling out the DS 160 forms now, can we indicate " Married" as our both marital status and mention my spouse details. We would be married at the time of interview and have a marriage certificate.

1) Will it be a problem if the marriage certificate date is Feb1st 2013 and I filled out the ds 160 form in dec 2012 saying we are married.??
    2) Or Can I indicate our marital status as single now in both our ds 160 forms(h1 and h4) and later change the ds 160 form to married once we are married.

Would really appreciate if i could get a reply, as its very confusing.Thanks

Comment

Fill it as married.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X