221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another 221g companion

I had my visa interview today at Hyd and it's obvious I got a 221(g) because I am posting here .

Background:
    First time US visa - Petition got approved end of Feb 2013.
    Currently work with a huge software product development company in India.
    H1B Petitioner - In-House project of a very small product company (<20 people).

Interview:
    I was cool, polite and unshaken. Long conversations. The officer grilled on the small company's product and presence.

At the end of the interview, the VO took copies of my 797, I129, LCA and a lot of information about the company (pamphlets et al that I had carried along with me to the interview).
    She returned me my passport and said she has to put it on further processing and that I'll be receiving a mail if there are any updates.
    She gave a white 221(g) slip and checked the "Your application needs additional admin processing" thingy and also checked the bottom most box "Other" and wrote "Additional Research" against it.

Per what I've seen on this thread, the passports of most of you were taken by the officer at the end of the interview right? And I presume most of you got an email about the status the very day of the interview right?
    For me, my passport was returned right after the interview. And there was no email either about the case. Does that indicate a higher chance of denial or something?

This being the very first time I've ever attended a US visa interview, I am a completely novice to these. It would be of great help if someone can help me know if it's a common practice (returning the passport at the end of the interview still not asking for any extra documentation).

Also, how long do u suggest I should wait for a mail from them before I try to contact the consulate?

Regards,
    HeMan

Comment

• Visa issued

Hi Guys,

I have checked my status on CEAC today morning around 7.30 am it said admin processing - Status update april 15th, 2013
      I checked again around 11.30 am this is what it showed

ISSUED
      Application ID or Case Number: 2013xxxxxxxxxxxx -
      Case Creation Date: 08-Mar-2013
      Status Updated Date: 16-Apr-2013

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

I hope this means my visa is ready.
      Good luck to everyone that has been waiting for their visa

My Case details
      OFC- March 11th, 2013
      Interview - March 12th, 2013 - received a white 221g, email option checked
      Received an email on the same day
      Sent all the required docs via email on march 15th, 2013

Ever since I have been checking the status on CEAC website, up until y'day it said
      Status Updated Date: 12-Mar-2013

Y'day
      Status Updated Date: 15-Apr-2013

FYI, I emailed [email protected] twice

Thank you for all your help. This website was helpful

Comment

• document status

Hi Guys,

I have received email saying as follows

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is xxxxxxxxx

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Hyderabad, 1-8-384/385 Ground Floor, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road,, Hyderabad, 500016

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

Within how many days should I collect my passport? I hope this means my visa has been issued.
        I am not able to reach any person to talk to at the embassy. Is there any number other than these From India: 0120-660-2222 (or) 022-6720-9400
        • From US: 1-310-616-5424

I tried calling to these numbers but I only got recorded information. Can anyone give me any other hyd embassy number?

Thank you

Comment

• Any suggestions

I appeared for H1B along with my spouse as H4.
          OFC Interview Date: 07, Feb 2013
          Interview Date: 08, Feb 2013
          White slip was handed to us, VO mentioned everything looks good but need some more time. Asked for my resume, offer letter, research to be sent through email.
          Case # was also alloted to me.

Status has changed 3 times since 08, Feb 2013
          08, April 2013- Still Under Admin Processing
          11, April 2013- Ready
          13, April 2013- Back to Admin Processing

I called DOS and they mentioned that the case it still pending.
          Any idea how much more time will it take to get the VISA?

Thanks in advance for all the help !!

Comment

• Admin Processing since Feb 20 -2013. First H1B/H4

Hello Folks

I went for visa interview H1 on Feb 19th morning to Visa consulate along with my wife for H4. Just like others VO asked me very simple questions and said your visa is approved and gave a white slip which said I will get email with questions.

I got email same day and responded within a day. It has been 55 days. I am scared I will hit the 60 day barrier. This is the second time I am going through this. First time was in 2008 for F1 visa and I got PPT within 45 days. The following are my case details:

OFC : Feb 17 2013
            VI Date: Feb 19 2013
            Email Quetion response date: Feb 25 2013

Strangely the status check shows me following result:

Case creation date: Feb 14th (I was still in US during this date)
            Status update date: First it was Mar 11 2013 and then it changed to Mar 18 2013.

I guess the status update date is an indicator of the progress of the case. I noted couple of cases in this forum who got Passports within 3 to 15 to 20 days of status update date. For me, it has been a month since the last update.

I was in US for 5 years. I have a full time job, own a home, own a car in US. Paid taxes in US. This is so frustating to wait just because of a common muslim name. Thankfully my company is letting me work from India temporarily as India employee but its still painful to wait and my US citizen kids are missing school and getting frustated of wait too...

Folks who get updates please do come back to this forum and update us so that we can continue to stay hopeful and positive.

Regards
            Munna

Comment

• Hi Munna
              I had my interview on 15th of Feb (H4 visa) and still waiting (same 221g white slip, they didnt ask me to send any additional information), and in my situation the worst is that husband couldn't stay in India longer (so, he moved to US) and CEAC shows day of the interview as my status update (absolutely No updates).

Comment

• H4 221g.. Best of luck

Originally posted by swetaD View Post
                Hi Munna
                I had my interview on 15th of Feb (H4 visa) and still waiting (same 221g white slip, they didnt ask me to send any additional information), and in my situation the worst is that husband couldn't stay in India longer (so, he moved to US) and CEAC shows day of the interview as my status update (absolutely No updates).
                I have seen lot of H4 cases go 221g.. It seems common with Hyd consulate to give 221g to almost everyone... Its a big mistake I did to go to Hyd consulate. Chennai is little faster comparatively... ...

Did you attend the interview ll by yourself or alongside your hubby?

I am not sure what to say... just wait and pray I guess..

Comment

• Hyderabad 221g; more than 5 months

I had my H1-B interview on November 14, 2012 at Hyderabad consulate and waiting since then. Both the case creation date and case updated dates are still the same, i.e. the interview date. Though being a full time employee, I am guessing Common muslim name has put me into this. I have been reading these forum posts every day and i guess there is nothing much we can do, but except wait.

Comment

• I am not sure what to say... just wait and pray I guess..

Comment

• Munna, my case is in Delhi (but as you see the same as in Hyd) And my husband works in US for the last 3 years, he already had his H1B..we recently married and i had to apply for H4 alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Nonimm_Common_Name View Post
                      Both the case creation date and case updated dates are still the same, i.e. the interview date.
                      Plz keep informing us about your case (updates) and wish you good luck!

Comment

• any updates on your 221g

Hi, Any updates on your 221g, mine still shows as Pending Administrative process, its almost 4 months I have been waiting for the visa approval.

Kamal

Comment

• Hi Sweta, My case is also at delhi. I appeared for interview on 06 Feb

Originally posted by swetaD View Post
                          Munna, my case is in Delhi (but as you see the same as in Hyd) And my husband works in US for the last 3 years, he already had his H1B..we recently married and i had to apply for H4 alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Plz keep informing us about your case (updates) and wish you good luck!
                          Hi Sweta, My case is also at delhi. I appeared for interview on 06 Feb Since then no update.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmkhan View Post
                            I appeared for interview on 06 Feb Since then no update.
                            What is your problem, i guess common muslim surname (or field of your work/education)? Mine is that i'm from country which is considered as not-democratic, president isnt allowed to visit US,EU..and i was working as a lawyer (governmental job). I don't have any connection with politics, any secrets, field of work was protection of rights of children, work with young (under 18yo) criminals. I have no idea what is possible to check about me for so long, left all because of my husband and now cant even be with him. He has been working for american company for many years.

Comment

• Best of Luck

Originally posted by gkn2012 View Post
                              Hi, Any updates on your 221g, mine still shows as Pending Administrative process, its almost 4 months I have been waiting for the visa approval.

Kamal
                              Whats ur case creation date and case update date?

All,

Please share your case creation date and any status update date. This is a possible indicator of progress of the case in the back ground. Thanks.

Regards
                              Munna

Comment

• Originally posted by munna221g View Post
                                Whats ur case creation date and case update date?

All,

Please share your case creation date and any status update date. This is a possible indicator of progress of the case in the back ground. Thanks.

Regards
                                Munna

Hi Munna,

Here its my details,

221g White slip(Chennai Consualte)
                                Case Date creation : 13 dec 2012
                                Interview date: 21st Dec 2012.

VO asked to submit project related documents & my 12 months paystubs.... I have submitted the required documents on Dec 28th 2012... till then I am waiting for the Consulate's response.

Regards,
                                Kamal

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X