Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai consulate has Issued so many visas

Aask to Everyone,

I noticed that Chennai consulate has rained the visas on Friday. That is really very positive news for all of us who are waiting. I heard that consulate issuing visa one by one in India like on this Friday Chennai then next turn would be for Delhi. Is it right? OR let me know when would be the Delhi’s turn??

Comment

• Originally posted by mask728 View Post
      Salam Brothers,
      My status has FINALLY by grace of Allah changed to "Issued" today. The update date changed on friday and till 3pm today it was still pending. it Finally changed to issued just now. Very excited I called the consulate support for next steps and they have asked me to wait till EOD tomorrow to hear from them about the status of my passport.....Inshallah once I get that notification tomorrow I will go and pick up my passport.

I will be away from this forum for some time as I have a lot to prepare for but in the mean time here are my update dates from the last couple of months

Case creation date : Aug 24th 2012

Case update Dates : May 30th 2013, 06th June, 12th August, 16th August, 23rd August, 29th August, 03rd Sept, 06th Sept, 11th Sept, 16th Sept, 20th Sept

AND finally 23rd Sept it changed to ISSUED.

TOTAL WAIT TIME = 13MONTHS!!!

Having said that, use my case example and hang in there....If I got it, Inshallah you will too!!

I'll write again later....

Thanks to everyopne specially Mirza and Munawwar bhai for being in touch with me and helping me get through these last few months of terrible waiting!!

AH
      Sami
      Mabrooooooooooooooooook...

Comment

• Mabrook Brother Sami.......

Originally posted by mask728 View Post

Salam Brothers,
        My status has FINALLY by grace of Allah changed to "Issued" today.

Wa Alaikum As Salaam Wr Wb,

Masha Allah, that's great news. Allah has blessed you and your family with lot of patience. Al-hamdulillah tough times are through. Enjoy your rest of the stay in India.

Congrats to everyone who got their visa's.

I know how relaxed you would be now, its a different feeling. Enjoy this feeling.

I use to login to forums and check status on your case almost everyday and Al-hamdulillah you made it.

I pray to Almighty Allah, this painful period ends soon for everyone, A'meen.

For people who are waiting Visa's, Brother Sami's case is best example. DON'T LOOSE HOPE, have faith and patience and you will get it by Allah's will.

Comment

• Still waiting!

Originally posted by tahersub4t View Post
          Wa Alaikum As Salaam Wr Wb,

Masha Allah, that's great news. Allah has blessed you and your family with lot of patience. Al-hamdulillah tough times are through. Enjoy your rest of the stay in India.

Congrats to everyone who got their visa's.

Mask (sami) bhai and my self had the updates together since Aug 23rd.. After having common updates till Sep 16th, he had a status date changed to Sep 20th and mine didnt.. He got issued following Monday. Mine is still Sep 16th. I am not sure if my case was forwarded for another name check after passport submission

Very much worried as it may take few more months for the name check to be over... Not sure what to expect.. its all so random. 7 months and counting.

Comment

• Jazakallah Brothers. Yes it was a nightmare that took 13months to end. Inshallah everyone will be getting their visa's soon. Dont loose hope. Its just a matter of time now.....

Comment

• Any Update ??

Asak Munna221g,

Any update at your end ?? Any other guy who got any updates recently?

Delhi's consulate story :-
              3 cases of my VI's date were updated on tuesday after noon & 2 of them have been issued yesterday remaining one is still pending in AP. As you know, Mine case updated 3 times in Aug but after that there is no updated. I do not understand this pattern. Some cases are getting cleared in few updates but some of them are still waiting for their turn. It is really very random & very very frustrating too. I have done so many thinks for follow ups but nothing worked. The frustration is getting double on each day. They are just checking our patient nothing else. It’s now 8 months over, is it not enough to completele the administrative processing specially for those who did not see outside world.

AH.

Originally posted by munna221g View Post
              Mask (sami) bhai and my self had the updates together since Aug 23rd.. After having common updates till Sep 16th, he had a status date changed to Sep 20th and mine didnt.. He got issued following Monday. Mine is still Sep 16th. I am not sure if my case was forwarded for another name check after passport submission

Very much worried as it may take few more months for the name check to be over... Not sure what to expect.. its all so random. 7 months and counting.

Comment

• second time 221g _ been 2 months waiting

Hi,
                Please help me understand the below.

Case brief: My husband and I appeased in US Consulate New Delhi on July 23, 2013. I had applied for F1 (COS from H4 To F1 was already approved a month back).
                He applied for H1b-enewal and was given 221g white form under administrative processing. He was asked general questions about his background and siblings name by VO.
                He went through a similar process in november 2010 for his first H1b stamping and was issued a pink slip but his visa was approved on April 2011 (5 months).

It been 2 months now and we have placed one confessional inquiry and i call DOS every alternate da, I have also requested escalating with US support travel. The case status has never updated even once. It seems like a name issue.

I am starting to really worry now. I am here in US and he's stuck and it's getting difficult to manage.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance for the help.
                Regards

Comment

• Hi

Based on my experince your husband visa clearance would take around same time what US consulate did last time when he stuck up in 221g. I stuck in 221 g thrice & every time it took around same time to get clearance

Originally posted by preetk View Post
                  Hi,

Case brief: My husband and I appeased in US Consulate New Delhi on July 23, 2013. I had applied for F1 (COS from H4 To F1 was already approved a month back).
                  He applied for H1b-enewal and was given 221g white form under administrative processing. He was asked general questions about his background and siblings name by VO.
                  He went through a similar process in november 2010 for his first H1b stamping and was issued a pink slip but his visa was approved on April 2011 (5 months).

It been 2 months now and we have placed one confessional inquiry and i call DOS every alternate da, I have also requested escalating with US support travel. The case status has never updated even once. It seems like a name issue.

I am starting to really worry now. I am here in US and he's stuck and it's getting difficult to manage.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance for the help
                  Regards

Comment

• I am in same boat preetk I appeared on 27th June 2013 and status remains same with no update even once since then

Comment

• Originally posted by mask728 View Post
                      Salam Brothers,
                      My status has FINALLY by grace of Allah changed to "Issued" today. The update date changed on friday and till 3pm today it was still pending. it Finally changed to issued just now. Very excited I called the consulate support for next steps and they have asked me to wait till EOD tomorrow to hear from them about the status of my passport.....Inshallah once I get that notification tomorrow I will go and pick up my passport.

I will be away from this forum for some time as I have a lot to prepare for but in the mean time here are my update dates from the last couple of months

Case creation date : Aug 24th 2012

Case update Dates : May 30th 2013, 06th June, 12th August, 16th August, 23rd August, 29th August, 03rd Sept, 06th Sept, 11th Sept, 16th Sept, 20th Sept

Having said that, use my case example and hang in there....If I got it, Inshallah you will too!!

I'll write again later....

Thanks to everyopne specially Mirza and Munawwar bhai for being in touch with me and helping me get through these last few months of terrible waiting!!

AH
                      Sami
                      That is an awesome news bhai.
                      I wish you and your family great times ahead.

-Mirza

Comment

• stuck with 221(g) white form for 30 days

hey folks,

I appeared for H1-B interview on aug 26th, 2013 at delhi consulate. They issued me a 221(g) with a white form asking for invitation letter, resume, travel, itinerary etc. I have a Ph.D and was supposed to start on Oct 1st as an asst. prof. I was told at the counter that it would take 3 to 4 weeks. But 4 weeks are up and I am worried. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much time visa mantis cases takes.

thanks

Comment

• Latest update: the case status date got updated to sep 27th. Dunno if its of ne gud or not?

I want to stay positive... What do you guys think are my chances??

Hi,

Any comments?

Thanks in advance for the help.
                          Regards

Comment

• Any Update Guys

anyone got any update from any consulate?

Latest update: the case status date got updated to sep 27th. Dunno if its of ne gud or not?

I want to stay positive... What do you guys think are my chances??

Comment

• reply from US embassy

Originally posted by rohit_prof View Post
                              hey folks,

I appeared for H1-B interview on aug 26th, 2013 at delhi consulate. They issued me a 221(g) with a white form asking for invitation letter, resume, travel, itinerary etc. I have a Ph.D and was supposed to start on Oct 1st as an asst. prof. I was told at the counter that it would take 3 to 4 weeks. But 4 weeks are up and I am worried. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much time visa mantis cases takes.

thanks
                              I contacted US embassy through traveldocs and they sent me the following reply:

With regards to your concern, we would like to inform you that, your visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview or the submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later. When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case. Please note that, c
                              Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be intimated about the same. Also, would like to inform you that the status on the website will be updated periodically.

What does it mean "Please note that, your visa processing requires further verification, hence it cannot be expedited." Does it mean it will take much longer to resolve my case than the average 30 days. What could be the reason for this. I do not have a common name and my all documents were legitimate.

I am worried as some other people who had applied with me have received their visas.

Comment

• status update is usually good

Originally posted by rmkhan View Post
                                anyone got any update from any consulate?
                                I noticed one guy's status update date changed to Sep 30 and then the visa was issued on Oct 1st. So I think it is a good sign.

My status update date has not changed since Aug 26th. I am not sure where all this is going.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X