X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snbtcca View Post
    This is the e-mail I got on 30th September:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

As of today, the administrative processing for your visa application is complete. Please submit your passport along with the hard copy of this e-mail via our drop box operated at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the office closest to you, please check: **

Please be advised that this email does not guarantee that you will receive your passport by your scheduled travel date. Sometimes you might be required to undergo additional administrative processing. Please continue to look at ** for the most up to date information regarding your case.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Chennai, Admin,
    Consulate General of the United States of America
    Chennai - 600 006
    Phone: 91-44-28574242/28574000

The last updated date has never chaged and still stuck at 22nd May 2013 on CEAC website. The daily pdf status has changed from "Processing" to "Submit PPT". I have submitted my passport to Hyd OFC and waiting to see what my passport contains.

Regards,
    snbtcca
    Did you received ur passport back with VISA?

Comment

• Dear all, Hi, I appeared for H1 n H4 visa interview along with my wife on 27th June 2013 and got white slip where as no document was requested. Visa officer kept our passport with original petition and other requested document. It's more than 60 days there is not a single update on the CEAC website. There is still the same original date when the case was created. I have been following through their email contact and also called a lot of times at DoS number but every time they say the case is pending with Delhi consulate and its not with DoS. When I request to initiate an enquiry the DoS guys say it not in their hand since its with Delhi consulate.

I am confused whether the info DOS is giving is correct ? Can Delhi consulate hold case with them for so long and if they do, what could be the purpose if its not being verified for visa issuance. Are there any other way that I am missing and can follow? Is anyone on same boat...

Please advise .

Thank you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by fountainglow View Post
        Dear all, Hi, I appeared for H1 n H4 visa interview along with my wife on 27th June 2013 and got white slip where as no document was requested. Visa officer kept our passport with original petition and other requested document. It's more than 60 days there is not a single update on the CEAC website. There is still the same original date when the case was created. I have been following through their email contact and also called a lot of times at DoS number but every time they say the case is pending with Delhi consulate and its not with DoS. When I request to initiate an enquiry the DoS guys say it not in their hand since its with Delhi consulate.

I am confused whether the info DOS is giving is correct ? Can Delhi consulate hold case with them for so long and if they do, what could be the purpose if its not being verified for visa issuance. Are there any other way that I am missing and can follow? Is anyone on same boat...

Please advise .

Thank you all.
        Do you have a common name? If not, there is a chance that processing is being only done by consulate. For many people including myself first update was after several months, it really depends on the case and in many cases Visa have been issued very next day of the first update.

Since it is past 60 days you can try calling US travel docs and ask them to escalate your case. Good Luck!!!

Comment

• Same Here Dude

Hello Dude,

I am also in same boat. I attended VI for fresh H1 in Feb 2013 at Delhi. Since then I am waiting to hear from them however my case was updated after around 7 months(consecutives 3 updates 26th Aug , 27th Aug & then 29th Aug).The last update was on 29 Aug since then there is no update. I also called 100 of times to DOS & do so many follow ups but nothing worked. As per me nothing will work except God good wishes. you can reach me at rafat dot sayeed at gmail. Let us keep in touch.

Thanks!

Originally posted by fountainglow View Post
          Dear all, Hi, I appeared for H1 n H4 visa interview along with my wife on 27th June 2013 and got white slip where as no document was requested. Visa officer kept our passport with original petition and other requested document. It's more than 60 days there is not a single update on the CEAC website. There is still the same original date when the case was created. I have been following through their email contact and also called a lot of times at DoS number but every time they say the case is pending with Delhi consulate and its not with DoS. When I request to initiate an enquiry the DoS guys say it not in their hand since its with Delhi consulate.

Please advise .

Thank you all.

Comment

• Got a response from Consulate today on my 221g

Visa Interview date: July 1st 2013

First update : sep 2oth

I got the below response from the chennai consulate this afternoon.

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is **** *

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Chennai, No 3 Cenotaph Road, Chennai, 600018

The confusing part is The passport is still with me. VO took only I797 and DS160. Does it means Do I need to submit the ppt ?

Appreciate your response.

Comment

• Thanks all for your comment. No do not think its name issue in my case. I am not sure about the issue tho. This was my renewal cum extension and transferred to another employer petition. Not sure what's going on. DOS guy say case is not with them but with Delhi consulate, consulate support says its under AP n the same std response every time. If its with Delhi consulate then why it is taking so long is the confusion. I know khan Bhai has same case any more traveling on same boat? Any one has any idea? What happens wen case is being reviewed by consulate itself without going to DOS or service center? Thank u n god bless all.

Comment

• Originally posted by sufi221g View Post
                Visa Interview date: July 1st 2013

First update : sep 2oth

I got the below response from the chennai consulate this afternoon.

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is **** *

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Chennai, No 3 Cenotaph Road, Chennai, 600018

The confusing part is The passport is still with me. VO took only I797 and DS160. Does it means Do I need to submit the ppt ?

Appreciate your response.
                This means that they are done with your documents.

VO might have taken documents from you while interview or might have asked you for documents after issuing 221(G).

This is usually a good sign which means that they are done working on the documents that you have had submitted and may be admin process will be over soon as well.

Our people at the TravelDocs are so stupid that they havent created emails that can distinguish between if passports are being returned or some other documents are being returned.

This happened to me and it was stressful. (I received my original degree certificate back in my case)

Dont worry they are just returning your Documents.
                Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• 221g blue slip chennai

Interview Date: Aug 26 2013
                  Last Update Date: Sep 20 2013

I called the Chennai consulate today and they said they have sent some document yesterday and said someone will contact me on how to pick up the documents. When I tried to put in my passport number at *** it says the following:

"Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery."

However, my passport is with me only and was not taken by the VO during interview. Can someone please let me know what this means? Am I being given another 221g slip

Comment

• status update changed

Originally posted by rohit_prof View Post
                    hey folks,

I appeared for H1-B interview on aug 26th, 2013 at delhi consulate. They issued me a 221(g) with a white form asking for invitation letter, resume, travel, itinerary etc. I have a Ph.D and was supposed to start on Oct 1st as an asst. prof. I was told at the counter that it would take 3 to 4 weeks. But 4 weeks are up and I am worried. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much time visa mantis cases takes.

thanks
                    the status update date changed today to oct 10th. hoping for good news in a day or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
                      This means that they are done with your documents.

VO might have taken documents from you while interview or might have asked you for documents after issuing 221(G).

This is usually a good sign which means that they are done working on the documents that you have had submitted and may be admin process will be over soon as well.

Our people at the TravelDocs are so stupid that they havent created emails that can distinguish between if passports are being returned or some other documents are being returned.

This happened to me and it was stressful. (I received my original degree certificate back in my case)

Dont worry they are just returning your Documents.

How long did it take for you to get your visa finally after getting back your documents? I am in the same boat as well and your help is appreciated.

Comment

• Any updates

Guys, any case updates in October for Hyderabad?

Comment

• no movement in october, in Dubai. Shutdown effect may b

Comment

• I made a call to Dept of State on 10th october early hours (2:15 AM IST).... After that, in the morning when i check my application status, it got updated to 10th Oct 2013.
                            What do you think guys, The status update is because i called them up and the rep look in to my case? Or is it a regular status update?
                            Last edited by theLion; 10-11-2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ragz069 View Post
                              How long did it take for you to get your visa finally after getting back your documents? I am in the same boat as well and your help is appreciated.
                              3 days.

Before they returned my documents,I had received an email that my admin process is over and they are ready for further visa processing.In that email (Suggesting that my Admin process was over) they asked me to submit my Passport at VFS location along with I797 copy and 221g copy.

Once I submitted the PP and I797 Copy, the next day in morning I received an email that my PP was being returned. I was scared that i was gonna get a second 221g or something. When i went to VFS office twith impression to collect my passport, but actually it was my original degree certificate that i had submitted as requested documents in 221g.

Once i received my Original Degree Certificate it took 3 more days before i received my passport.
                              Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• Nopes I got another email instead stating that my case is still under admin processing and I need to send I129S again as per the new template to the email id. Have done the same on Friday. Waiting for the status update.

Regards,
                                Snbtcca

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X