Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawkeye13 View Post
    3 days.

Before they returned my documents,I had received an email that my admin process is over and they are ready for further visa processing.In that email (Suggesting that my Admin process was over) they asked me to submit my Passport at VFS location along with I797 copy and 221g copy.

Once I submitted the PP and I797 Copy, the next day in morning I received an email that my PP was being returned. I was scared that i was gonna get a second 221g or something. When i went to VFS office twith impression to collect my passport, but actually it was my original degree certificate that i had submitted as requested documents in 221g.

Once i received my Original Degree Certificate it took 3 more days before i received my passport.
    In my case I have not received an email as of yet from anyone but when I called the consulate they told me that they have sent some documents (the only original document they have is my I797A). I am worried if they are requesting more documents or what!!

Did your status change to Ready or Issued during any of the steps you mentioned above?

Comment

• Originally posted by ragz069 View Post
      In my case I have not received an email as of yet from anyone but when I called the consulate they told me that they have sent some documents (the only original document they have is my I797A). I am worried if they are requesting more documents or what!!

Did your status change to Ready or Issued during any of the steps you mentioned above?
      Not before I received my original documents back!
      Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

• any updates anyone?

Comment

• Received an email from consulate today to submit my passport...

Comment

• theLion - what's your case specifics/details...

Comment

• Originally posted by fountainglow View Post
              theLion - what's your case specifics/details...

Here you go:
              B1 - PhD in chemical Engg. from IIT...Conference in Texas in NOV'13...
              VI Date @ HYD Consulate: 05-Sep-2013
              First Case Update: 13-Sep-2013
              Second Case Update: 10-Oct-2013
              Received an email from Consulate for Passport Submission: 17-Oct-2013
              Hopefully I will get the visa ....

I have also updated in tracker... Please check it out..

Comment

• Originally posted by fountainglow View Post
                theLion - what's your case specifics/details...
                Profile: PhD in Chemical Engg. from IIT - Class: B1 Visa - Purpose of Visit: Conference
                VI Date @ Hyderabad : 05- Sep-2013
                First Status Update Date: 13-Sep-2013
                Second Status Update Date: 10-Oct-2013
                Received an email from Consulate for Passport submission: 17-Oct-2013
                Hopefully i will get the visa soon...

I have also updated details on tracker...

Comment

Interview Date: Aug 26 2013
                  Last Update Date: Sep 20 2013

I called the Chennai consulate today and they said they have sent some document yesterday and said someone will contact me on how to pick up the documents. When I tried to put in my passport number at *** it says the following:

"Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery."

However, my passport is with me only and was not taken by the VO during interview. Can someone please let me know what this means? Am I being given another 221g slip
                  I collected my documents today and was given another 221g blue slip to submit my passport. I submitted my passport on the spot and they mentioned that I will receive back my passport in a week or so.

Comment

• Issued 221g white @HYD on Aug 27 2013

Hi All,

I was issued a 221g white form with AAP check box ticked. Nothing asked to submit and returned back my PP on date of interview. My VI is on Aug 27 2013. After that i had 3 updates and still AP. My last update was on sep 13 evening. After that till today no updates and is still under AP. Mine is H1B. Dnt know what is happening nothing was asked and no one contacted me so far.

Please throw ur light on this and comment on my case pls.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Guys,
                      Here is the description of the email which i received from HYD Consulate:

"
                      Dear YYYY ZZZ,
                      This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your Passport at th OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please log in to www.ustraveldocs.com/in download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS office. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS office closest to you, please check www.ustraveldocs.com/in. There will be no fee charged for this service.

For any further queries you can call on our new call center numbers:

From India: 0120-660-2222 (or) 022-6720-9400; From US: 1-310-616-5424

You can also email us for all visa-related questions at [email protected]
                      Sincerely,
                      Consular Analysis and Liasion Unit
                      US consulate General
                      Hyderabad, India

"
                      Does it means, my application processing has been done and i will get the visa after submitting my passport?
                      OR
                      They still wants to do processing even after submitting my passport?

What do you think guys.....

Comment

Interview Date: Aug 26 2013
                        Last Update Date: Sep 20 2013

I called the Chennai consulate today and they said they have sent some document yesterday and said someone will contact me on how to pick up the documents. When I tried to put in my passport number at *** it says the following:

"Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery."

However, my passport is with me only and was not taken by the VO during interview. Can someone please let me know what this means? Am I being given another 221g slip
                        I finally received my documents today and I went and collected the same. All documents (photocopies and original) have been returned to me along with another 221g Blue slip asking me to submit my passport. I submitted my passport today itself and was told that it would take about a week to receive back my passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by theLion View Post
                          Guys,
                          Here is the description of the email which i received from HYD Consulate:

"
                          Dear YYYY ZZZ,
                          This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your Passport at th OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please log in to www.ustraveldocs.com/in download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS office. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS office closest to you, please check www.ustraveldocs.com/in. There will be no fee charged for this service.

For any further queries you can call on our new call center numbers:

From India: 0120-660-2222 (or) 022-6720-9400; From US: 1-310-616-5424

You can also email us for all visa-related questions at [email protected]
                          Sincerely,
                          Consular Analysis and Liasion Unit
                          US consulate General
                          Hyderabad, India

"
                          Does it means, my application processing has been done and i will get the visa after submitting my passport?
                          OR
                          They still wants to do processing even after submitting my passport?

What do you think guys.....
                          I think your processing might have been completed. Congrats!

I am in a similar boat albeit a bit different. I attended my interview in Chennai and was sent back my documents today with another blue slip asking me to submit my passport. However, my online status still shows AP but the call center folks said my process has been completed and that they will open a case and escalate the issue to change the status online. When I submitted my passport, the guy at VFS said they normally ask for the passport once the process is complete.

Hope this info helps!

Comment

I think your processing might have been completed. Congrats!

I am in a similar boat albeit a bit different. I attended my interview in Chennai and was sent back my documents today with another blue slip asking me to submit my passport. However, my online status still shows AP but the call center folks said my process has been completed and that they will open a case and escalate the issue to change the status online. When I submitted my passport, the guy at VFS said they normally ask for the passport once the process is complete.

Hope this info helps!
                            Thanks for your kind info... Let's hope for the best ...

Comment

• Guys,
                              I have submitted my passport on 18th Oct 2013 @ 11:00 AM @ HYD OFC.
                              I am trying to track the status of my passport by all modes, I am getting different responses.
                              1) USTRAVELDOCS site : It is saying " Your passport is being delivered to the post"
                              2) By email: It is saying " The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post"
                              3) By phone: It is saying " One document has been delivered to the consular post"
                              Which one is accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by theLion View Post
                                Guys,
                                I have submitted my passport on 18th Oct 2013 @ 11:00 AM @ HYD OFC.
                                I am trying to track the status of my passport by all modes, I am getting different responses.
                                1) USTRAVELDOCS site : It is saying " Your passport is being delivered to the post"
                                2) By email: It is saying " The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post"
                                3) By phone: It is saying " One document has been delivered to the consular post"
                                Which one is accurate?
                                I think everything is the same but different verbiage. The OFC at HYD where I submitted my passport yesterday mentioned that all passports submitted yesterday will be mailed to Chennai yesterday evening and they reach Chennai on Monday morning. So, I think they would have mailed it to Chennai as of now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X