221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ragz069 View Post
    I think everything is the same but different verbiage. The OFC at HYD where I submitted my passport yesterday mentioned that all passports submitted yesterday will be mailed to Chennai yesterday evening and they reach Chennai on Monday morning. So, I think they would have mailed it to Chennai as of now.
    Confused...did you choose your passport to be delivered in Chennai or Hyderabad visas are being issued in Chennai?

Thanks!!

Comment

• @wt4visa
      I think ragz069 had his/her interview at chennai consulate (as per tracker info).... That is the reason why, ragz069's passport is being delivered at chennai consulate..

Comment

• Originally posted by wt4visa View Post
        Confused...did you choose your passport to be delivered in Chennai or Hyderabad visas are being issued in Chennai?

Thanks!!
        I attended my VI in Chennai but have submitted my passport at VFS Hyderabad which is where I live. So, the passport will need to come back to Hyderabad after stamping.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by theLion View Post
        @wt4visa
        I think ragz069 had his/her interview at chennai consulate (as per tracker info).... That is the reason why, ragz069's passport is being delivered at chennai consulate..
        Correct!

Comment

• Yesterday i emailed Dubai Consulate and informed that my case has gone over 150 days. Within an hour, i got a reply as below;

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised to submit your passport through EMPOST. You do not need to schedule an appointment or pay any fees. We ask you submit your passport with the yellow letter received from the officer during your interview.

Applicants are responsible for collection of passports from the EMPOST location they selected during registration. EMPOST is the only courier used by the U.S. Consulate. We will return your passport through this courier for pick-up as well.

We do not have access to your airway bill information. You must register online to get the necessary tracking numbers to collect your passport at EMPOST.

[

Kind Regards,

NIV UNIT

....i couldnt believe the above reply n checked ceac website..voila..status update date changed to 20-Oct-2013, but local consulate website still broadcast the old AP message. I tried calling the website to be sure before sending the passport but couldnt get hold of anyone, as i will be travelling to Canada on 1 Nov. If my passport gets stuck, then all my travel plans would get disrupted, God forbid. However, later in the day i decided to send my passport attaching the email and dropped at empost. Now keeping my fingers crossed.

Also i suggest you to check on the above link whether any visa confirmation has been posted. I found message for empost representative from consulate to accept the documents. Is it always there or it is updated after AP.

I ll keep updating....

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by 221ghydaug27 View Post
            Hi All,

I was issued a 221g white form with AAP check box ticked. Nothing asked to submit and returned back my PP on date of interview. My VI is on Aug 27 2013. After that i had 3 updates and still AP. My last update was on sep 13 evening. After that till today no updates and is still under AP. Mine is H1B. Dnt know what is happening nothing was asked and no one contacted me so far.

Please throw ur light on this and comment on my case pls.

Thanks a lot.

Anyone pls can comment here on wats happening in my case.

Thanks a ton

Comment

• Originally posted by 221ghydaug27 View Post
              Anyone pls can comment here on wats happening in my case.

Thanks a ton
              I guess no one can say for sure what is happening with your case in specific. But, change in dates is a good sign which means they might have received some sort of updates for your case. I am almost in the same boat as you with VI on Aug. 26, 2013 at Chennai and with a Case Update Date of Sep. 20, 2013. No updates after that until last week when I was asked to submit my passport.

When my case update date was changed, I tried asking around and the only response I got was this means they have some updates with respect to the case. But, noone was able to tell me what specific update.

I understand your stress and I empathize with you. However, unfortunately, the only thing we can do is wait and pray with a hope the case gets cleared soon.

Comment

I collected my documents today and was given another 221g blue slip to submit my passport. I submitted my passport on the spot and they mentioned that I will receive back my passport in a week or so.
                Any update on your end Ragz069?...
                For my case, Status update changed to 21st Oct 2013, and its still saying Admin Processing?..Don't know what's going on...

Comment

• Originally posted by theLion View Post
                  Any update on your end Ragz069?...
                  For my case, Status update changed to 21st Oct 2013, and its still saying Admin Processing?..Don't know what's going on...
                  I understand that my passport reached Chennai today. However, the status in CEAC still shows AP. I called up the consulate and the person said that normally when we ask for passport and no other docs, the process is complete and the status remains in AP until the actual stamping us completed.

So, hoping to receive the passport with the stamped visa by either Friday or Monday. Fingers crossed,!!

Comment

• One more status updated date today (23-Oct-2013).. This is the second one after submitting my passport.. Hoping for the best..

Comment

• Originally posted by theLion View Post
                      One more status updated date today (23-Oct-2013).. This is the second one after submitting my passport.. Hoping for the best..
                      When did you submit your passport?

Comment

When did you submit your passport?
                        Passport Submitted to HYD OFC on 18- Oct-2013 @ 11:00AM...
                        I had my VI at HYD Consulate..
                        Consulate received my passport on 21-Oct-2013 (Status Updated Date changed to 21-Oct-2013)
                        Now, passport tracking is saying that it is still with Post..
                        Today status updated date chaged again to 23-Oct-2013..

Comment

• passport recvd..nightmare over.

Recap:

B1/B2 Visa interview date: 22 May 2013 @ Dubai
                          Visa issued : 23 October 2013
                          10years validity

Based on my experience, calling DOS doesnt help as they have same info as on the CEAC website. As indicated on the visa, the clearance date is 15th Ocotober, but when i called DOS on 22 Oct they were still maintaining AP bullshit.

Anyways, what i could conclude is that there is not pattern to predict & no genuine agency with accurate information. Most of the process happens in the consulate as my first status update date (email for submission of ppt) was 20 Oct i.e sunday which is a working day in Dubai while US in deep weekend.

My advise is to hang-on and have alternate plans..... Next time apply 6 months in advance, minimum

Regards

Comment

• Finally the wait is Over .....
                            Status has been chnaged to Issued today (24- Oct-2013), waiting for passport ..
                            Here is my journey..

VI @ HYD Consulate: 05-Sep-2013
                            First case updated date: 13- Sep-2013
                            Second case updated date: 10- Oct-2013
                            Received an email from consulate on 17-Oct-2013 to submit passport.
                            Submitted Passport: 18-Oct-2013
                            Third Status updated date: 21-Oct-2013
                            Fourth Status updated date: 23-Oct-2013
                            Status changed to ISSUED on 24-Oct-2013

Will give u an update, once i receive my passport...

All the very best for all the rest of us folks...

Comment

• Issued!

The status of my visa in CEAC has been changed to Issued today morning. Here is a brief history of my journey:

Visa Interview Date: August 26, 2013
                              First Case Update Date Change: September 20, 2013 (Still in AP)
                              Submitted Passport: October 18, 2013
                              Second Case Update Date Change: October 25, 2013 (Issued)

On October 18, I got an email asking to pick up some documents from the VFS office in Hyderabad. Along with the documents, I also received another 221g asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.

Comment

The status of my visa in CEAC has been changed to Issued today morning. Here is a brief history of my journey:

Visa Interview Date: August 26, 2013
                                First Case Update Date Change: September 20, 2013 (Still in AP)
                                Submitted Passport: October 18, 2013
                                Second Case Update Date Change: October 25, 2013 (Issued)

On October 18, I got an email asking to pick up some documents from the VFS office in Hyderabad. Along with the documents, I also received another 221g asking me to submit my passport which I did on the same day.
                                I got my passport with the visa stamp today finally after a long, tireless ordeal. I thank one and all for their inputs and strength during this saga.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X