221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,
    I'm in the same boat. Went for an interview on Aug 2-2012. VO gave me the 221g and said I should get my passport in two weeks. It's over 6 months still waiting for Passport. My employer and I E-mailed several times asking about the case status in respond we recieved the same old automated reply. I am working with direct employer for last 9 yrs (i-140 approved) and his is the 4 times I went for visa stamping, last 3 times got the passport with visa stamped with in two days. At present i am working remotely but my job requires me to be physically present onsite. Last week my employer contacted the US Senator office, their office said the case is in Dept homeland security.

All I suggest you is don't loose hope, I know it's not easy. As your employer to contact Dept of state or Dept of homeland security.

Comment

Dont loose hope guys !!

Guys don't loose hope , back in 2006 when I applied for F1 visa .They did my name verification and it took 8 Months .I never heard any one got 221g Administrative pending case for F1 8 months long but it happened with me .

Just want to say dont loose hope, Just chill !!!

Comment

8 months for F1 unbelievable !
        Mine is 7 th month may be I will get visa next month.
        Have you heard of anyone over 8 months?

Comment

any updates on your 221g

Any updates on your 221g status? For me still it shows same status as administrative process.

Comment

day 62

mine is still under admin processing.
            today is Day 62.

looks like this is going to take at least 3 months if not more.

Comment

CEAC status changed to ISSUED

I can see status change to Issued on 11 Feb 2013 in CEAC web site.

Case Creation Date: 24-Aug-2012
              Status Updated Date: 11-Feb-2013

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Am not sure what does this mean, Even after the status is changed to ISSUED [email protected] is saying no update on passport for given #.

Am confused,frustrated and alot to say.

Comment

Originally posted by gooty View Post

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Am not sure what does this mean, Even after the status is changed to ISSUED [email protected] is saying no update on passport for given #.

I think your visa is approved. I hope you will get an email from embassy soon.

Comment

221g white paper

Hi,

Can you able to get status of your passport ?

Reddy

Comment

Status Update

Hello guys,

today I checked the status it says

"Case Creation Date: 25-Jan-2013
                    Status Updated Date: 13-Feb-2013

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

The status updates changed on 13-Feb-2013 , any idea what does that mean ???.
                    before that it was 29-Jan-2013.

Comment

Originally posted by got221g View Post
                      Hello guys,

today I checked the status it says

"Case Creation Date: 25-Jan-2013
                      Status Updated Date: 13-Feb-2013

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

The status updates changed on 13-Feb-2013 , any idea what does that mean ???.
                      before that it was 29-Jan-2013.
                      Hi,

my interview at chennai was on 06-feb-2013 and got 221g , consulate kept the passport, today 14 feb the status date got updated. Did you get any further update after this?

Comment

gooty,

I hope your visa got approved , did you get your passport ? And how they informed you to get the passport from embassy .

Thanks in advance

Comment

Got my passport with stamped

Originally posted by got221g View Post
                          gooty,

I hope your visa got approved , did you get your passport ? And how they informed you to get the passport from embassy .

Thanks in advance
                          I got my Passport with visa stamped after 6 Months of 221(g).

Interview Date : 24 Aug 2012 (Hyd Consulate)

First status changed : 10 Oct 2012 Still in Administrative process.

Got mail consulate to submit my passport on 10 Jan 2013.
                          Submitted passport on 11 Jan 2013 + 221(g) copy + DS-160

Status changed to Ready on 5th Feb 2013

Status changed to Administrative process 8th Feb 2013

Status changed to Issued 11th Feb 2013

Go email from [email protected] on 13th Feb 2013 to pick up the passport

When to VFS bangalore picked up my passport on 14th Feb 2013.

Comment

Congrats!

I got my Passport with visa stamped after 6 Months of 221(g).

Interview Date : 24 Aug 2012 (Hyd Consulate)

First status changed : 10 Oct 2012 Still in Administrative process.

Got mail consulate to submit my passport on 10 Jan 2013.
                            Submitted passport on 11 Jan 2013 + 221(g) copy + DS-160

Status changed to Ready on 5th Feb 2013

Status changed to Administrative process 8th Feb 2013

Status changed to Issued 11th Feb 2013

Go email from [email protected] on 13th Feb 2013 to pick up the passport

When to VFS bangalore picked up my passport on 14th Feb 2013.
                            Congrats! Have a safe trip.

Comment

hi

The intereview for my wife and my children was on July 1-2012 and the said every thing is ok but they didn't take the passports and they said administrative processing until now is more than seven month .can someone help me .my case in us embassy in Yemen .

Comment

Any updates on your case

Hi, Anyone got any updates on your 221g case. Mine still under admin processing. I don't know how long this process going to take.... its really frustrating...
                                Last edited by gkn2012; 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X