Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 conversion....Please help

Hi All,

This is the first time that I am posting in a forum.I am currently on H4 Visa and I have I94 stamped dated till the month of June 2013.I got an admission in a university and I am going to start in the month of January.

Kindly,somebody help with following below queries.

1---Procedure to convert from from H4 vias to F1visa
    2---Is the time interval on my I94 be sufficient enough to get my status changed
    3---what is the normal time frame to get the status changed

For change of status you will need to file I-539. This can be electronically filed (check USCIS website)

First get I-20 from your school.
    Then as supporting documentation attach the following,
    Copy of your passport, I-94 (both sides) and Visa (if any).
    Copies of the above for your spouse + their H1 petition approval copy and recent paystubs (2 months).
    Copy of your marriage certificate
    Proof of funds available for your study as per the amount on I-20. (Original bank statements in USD or home country currency)
    Cover letter explaining why you want to change status and mentioning in bold that you are maintaining residence in your home country.

You are fine as long as you file this before the H4 I-94 expires. It will take 2 to 3 months to get a decision.
    You can avail of F1 privileges such as on campus work authorization only after change of status is approved. Also, on F1 you will need to pay out of state tuition.

After change of status, you can live in the US as long as you maintain full time student status or perform authorized practical training (OPT). If you leave the US at any point of time, you will need to obtain F1 Visa in order to return in F1 status. I will advise you to do that before your complete your studies.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I-94 is expired and but has valide I-797 till next year 2019. Any issue to get I-20 f

Hello,

My I-94 is going to expire in this month. I am thinking to get admission on H4 on SPRING 2019 ( JAN 2019).

I am going to apply for MS study on H4 and get I-20 based on that. Later I will change the status to F1 from H4.

Will I have any issue if my i-94 date is passed ?

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      For change of status you will need to file I-539. This can be electronically filed (check USCIS website)

First get I-20 from your school.
      Then as supporting documentation attach the following,
      Copy of your passport, I-94 (both sides) and Visa (if any).
      Copies of the above for your spouse + their H1 petition approval copy and recent paystubs (2 months).
      Copy of your marriage certificate
      Proof of funds available for your study as per the amount on I-20. (Original bank statements in USD or home country currency)
      Cover letter explaining why you want to change status and mentioning in bold that you are maintaining residence in your home country.

You are fine as long as you file this before the H4 I-94 expires. It will take 2 to 3 months to get a decision.
      You can avail of F1 privileges such as on campus work authorization only after change of status is approved. Also, on F1 you will need to pay out of state tuition.

After change of status, you can live in the US as long as you maintain full time student status or perform authorized practical training (OPT). If you leave the US at any point of time, you will need to obtain F1 Visa in order to return in F1 status. I will advise you to do that before your complete your studies.

Comment

I-94 is expired and but has valide I-797 till next year 2019. Any issue to get I-20 f

I am currently on H4 and my I-94 is expiring this month (Aug-2018). As my husband got stamping till Aug,2018. But he does have valid I-797 till Nov,2019.

I am going to study in USA university in Sprint 2019.(Jan-2019)

I will probably get I-20 based on H4 probably in October,2018. Till that time my I-94 will be expired.

Will I get any issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X