Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Valid i-797 @ POE - H4

Hello all,

I have a question regarding which date my wife will receive at POE when she comes next week, here is the scenario:

Wife is back home attending medical school, she will join me here in the us after her school is finished, she comes and goes during her breaks using her h4 visa.

i have an approved (h1B) i-797 good till 01/25/2013, but have an extension already filed under premium processing which is suppose to be approved next week.
    Suppose the extension petition is approved (3 years), she will carry both petitions with her @ POE.
    Her visa stamp expires 12/31/13.
    I am trying to see if her i-94 date @ POE will reflect the newly approved petition end date (3 years) or current petition with an end date of 01/25/13.
    i am thinking she should have the newly approved petition end date as of her i-94 date, but am not sure (we are trying to spend as much time together since she is in med school for the time being).
    Anyone see any problems why she wouldn't ?
    Any thought or comments are appreciated.

thanks in advance !

She should get the latest of whichever petition she shows. In fact, she can politely insist on getting that later date if the CBP officer mistakenly gives it according to Visa or older petition.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X