Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents for POE for H4

Hi

Both me and my wife got our H1/H4 visa stamped in November 2012 when we went to India for vacation. I travelled back to USA at the end of november. Now my wife is travelling this week.
    By mistake i carried both the originals of I797 of me and my wife with me. (she is on H4)

Now does she need the originals of I797 at POE or would the xerox copies work?

You should send a her a copy of your approval notice (H1), most times they will accept a copy. But if you can send the original, that will be better.
    Her change/extension of status approval should now be kept in a file.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

What about her I797? does she need to have the original or will the copy do?

Also i didnt understand the 2nd line "Her change/extension of status approval should now be kept in a file."

Can you please elaborate it more?

Comment

What you have for her H4 approval is really the approval notice of her change/extension of status. It means nothing once she leaves the US, that's why it can be safely kept in a file.

She will need your H1 approval notice to enter the US. A copy is generally accepted, but you can send her the original to be extra safe.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          What you have for her H4 approval is really the approval notice of her change/extension of status. It means nothing once she leaves the US, that's why it can be safely kept in a file.

She will need your H1 approval notice to enter the US. A copy is generally accepted, but you can send her the original to be extra safe.
          Great. Thanks for the reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X