X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 b, Problem in going to INDIA

Hi,
    i have 3 questions
    1. My huband got his h1b renewal & when we go out of this country we have to get it stamped. Iam in H4 now. Is it possible for me to go to India alone & get my h4 stamped ?
    2. Our visa for h1b is valid only till Dec 2006, will it be a problem if i go along with my husband , is it possible for both of us to get the visa stamped?? Is it possible to come to US. Till wat date we can go to India & come back?? Pl, reply asap.
    3. As i feel bored to be in house. Is it possible to get H1b & then is it possible to search a job in US & Is it required to get a job & then only i should change from H4 to H1b?
    Pl answer my question asap,
    Jagg
    Pl Reply to [email protected]

Hi,
    i have 3 questions
    1. My huband got his h1b renewal & when we go out of this country we have to get it stamped. Iam in H4 now. Is it possible for me to go to India alone & get my h4 stamped ?

It is possible for you to go to india alone to get your visa stamped.

2. Our visa for h1b is valid only till Dec 2006, will it be a problem if i go along with my husband , is it possible for both of us to get the visa stamped?? Is it possible to come to US. Till wat date we can go to India & come back?? Pl, reply asap.

Is this Dec 2006 date the validity of your current H1B or is it for the new H1B?
    If is it your old H1b, you can come to india and travel back even without any stamping in India. But if it is the new renewal, then u should get it stamped. The same applies for your husband also. If you are travelling to India, then make sure that u go back to the US atleast 90 days before Dec 2006, so that u can correspondingly get your H1b either renewed or take steps to otherwise remain in status

3. As i feel bored to be in house. Is it possible to get H1b & then is it possible to search a job in US & Is it required to get a job & then only i should change from H4 to H1b?

Your H1B papers can be filed only by an employer who wants to hire you. So find an employer, get him to file your H1b, then start working. after converting status from H4 to H1b.

By the way, which consulate are you planning to go?

VEENA
    Last edited by veena_swsh; 07-28-2005, 02:10 AM.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hi again,

I forgot to mention that the quota will apply when you try to file for your H1B

VEENA
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X