Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA by employer (or) Employee

Hi,
    I work for an Indian company which is under BEP program with consulates under H1 Visa. I am currently in US. I am getting married and want to process H4 for my wife. Generally my company processes H4 for all dependents. But in my case, as i have short time, they are saying they cannot make it by Feb. But i want to complete process by Feb and bring my wife along with me.

So, can i individually process H4 for my wife as a sponsor? instead of mentioning my company as sponsor? What are PROs and CONs?

Pls let me know at earliest.

No pros and cons. Your wife can apply on her own. All she needs from the company is H1 approval notice and if possible a job offer letter.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you.

Can any one who processed H4 by themselves with out Employer, reply to this thread with details. Appreciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by saptagiri View Post
        Thank you.

Can any one who processed H4 by themselves with out Employer, reply to this thread with details. Appreciate your help!
        Depending on who your employer is and what model of employment you are on in the US (FTE/VC/VCC), adding to what kabkaba said, a copy of your H-1B I-797 Approval Notice, an employer verification letter from your employer, marriage certificate, passport, along with confirmation page from her completed DS 160, receipt from page visa fee etc.
        Also you can fill the DS160 with data that will be true as on the date of the interview. For ex., your marital status will be married.
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X