Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B rejected - Can I stay in US?

Hi Friends,
    I have applied for H1B extension in Sep, 2012 and I got a RFE in oct, 2012. We responded to RFE and extension was rejected in Nov, 2012. My I-94 is expired in Sep, 2012. Now my company started a new application to extend my H1. How long I can stay in US? Can I apply for H1 extension through another company?

Originally posted by BSQ9999 View Post
    Hi Friends,
    I have applied for H1B extension in Sep, 2012 and I got a RFE in oct, 2012. We responded to RFE and extension was rejected in Nov, 2012. My I-94 is expired in Sep, 2012. Now my company started a new application to extend my H1. How long I can stay in US? Can I apply for H1 extension through another company?
    You are out of status and your stay is illegal. If your illegal stay extends 3 months you will have a ban on entering US for a year. Is your current application filed in premium ?
    Yes, any employer can file for an H1B.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the 3 months grace period starts from the date of I-94 expiry date or from the date of application denial? My company filed for extension again in premium. My doubt is if one company applied for extension, can I apply for extension thru another company at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by BSQ9999 View Post
        Thanks for the reply, the 3 months grace period starts from the date of I-94 expiry date or from the date of application denial? My company filed for extension again in premium. My doubt is if one company applied for extension, can I apply for extension thru another company at the same time?
        Your illegal period starts from the I-94 expiry. As your I-94 has expired you cant do a transfer to another employer too. Advisable to leave US immediately.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X