Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't received Visa Receipt

Hi,

I got offered a job from a new company and I submitted my documents for a visa transfer (H1) . I submitted the docs in the first week of Dec,12. It has been 4 weeks and I still haven't received the Receipt number. I followed up with the HR a couple of times and she mentioned the Lawyers have submitted the docs but haven't recived the receipt number yet.
    I am wondering does it usually take so much time or is it the holidays ? I have followed up with the HR numerous times and get the same reply. What can I do at this point ? I have already waited 4 weeks. Something seems strange. Does it usually take so much time. I was under the impression it takes 15- 20 Days. Any advice is appreciated.

Delays have not been unheard of.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Delays have not been unheard of.

What's the max I should wait ? Also, have there been cases where the receipt has never come ? I already had to shift the offer date by a week. Don't want to push it further unless I can help it.

Comment

The employer should follow up with USCIS and then set the start date, it is their petition. You cannot join them without the receipt.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X