Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1/H4 Stamping related question - Please HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 Stamping related question - Please HELP!

Hi everyone,

Here is my case:

I came to US on student visa and completed my MS in May 2005. I recently got my H1 approved in a company where i am doing OPT. My H1 visa starts from October 1st 2005.

I plan to visit INDIA in November 2005 and get my H1B stamping done from Mumbai Consulate and am also getting married to during the same visit.

Q1. Can i get my wife's H4 stamping done on the same day AS my H1B stamping interview appointment? i.e. take VISA appointment for 2 applicants in H/L category? are you aware of anyone who has done that before?

IF ANSWER TO Q1 is YES then Q2

Q2. On the VFS site (visa-services.com for Mumbai consulate) it is clearly stated for H4 applicants they need following for taking an appointment:

H4/ L2:
    1. Form I-797 (Notice of Action) of the principal applicant in original. For L2 visa, if the I- 797 is a blanket permit, then photocopy of I-797 and form I-129.
    2. Photocopy of the principal applicant's valid H1B/L1 visa [ H1B stamping for me will be done on the same day, so what should we submit instead for getting an appointment date? cant it be presented on the same day?]

3. It is mandatory to submit a photocopy of the marriage certificate if applying for a dependent (H4/L2) visa. [We are getting married on Nov 21st 2005. i.e. during my next visit to INDIA and if we take a H4 date after we get married then it will be 3 more months. So is it ok if she presents the marraige certificate at the time of INTERVIEW? since i am in U.S. we can only sign the marraige certificate when i land in INDIA and which will be ofcourse before the VISA interview / stamping date. Has anyone beein in similar Situation Before ????]

Eagerly waiting for a response. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Dubey

hey dude,

i think i have some answers as well as questions for you as i am in the same.....well....similar situation. email me. then we can exchange phone numbers:

[email protected]

Comment

Regarding H1B Documents

I am currently working on my OPT, and my H1 Starts from Oct 1st 2005. I want to get my stamping done in Canada as i am planning to go to India during Last week of Oct. Is it necessary to take paystub after my H1 has started? Please let me know.

Thanks
      SJ

Comment

s-jasti99,
        Can you please tell me if you know of many cases where the stamping from F1 to H1 or H1 extensions have been successful at the US borders. I only seem to know of many people whose visas have been refused at the borders and they have been specifically asked to go back to their homeland.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X