Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamping - DS160 form queries

Hello,
    I will be visiting India in Feb 2013 and I will need to stamp my H1 before returning to the US. I have already completed 6 years of H1 and currently my H1 has been extended to Nov 2014 based on my employer filing immigration petition (I140 approved)
    I have following doubts while filling DS160:
    1. Travel Information page: In the "Travel Information" page, there is a question stating "Have you made specific travel plans?" I thought this question referred to my visit to India and hence entered Date of Arrival in the US and the Date of Departure from US as per my vacation dates. But, that did not work as the form complained saying that departure date from US cannot be before the arrival date in the US. Perhaps, "Date of Departure from US" is an approximate date based on my H1 validity. Since my H1 is valid till Nov 30, 2014, can I just enter an estimated date of Nov 25, 2014. Please help.

2. "Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S.": In the same "Travel Information" page, I enter my address in the US and even save it. For an instance, it even shows as saved. But, after some iterations (or after logging again), this information disappears. Did anyone encounter such error?

3. "Previous US travel Information": Does any one know about the question: "Have you been ten-printed? ". I really do not remember if I was ten-printed or not. Can any one help me with this question based on the general experience for others? My previous H1 Visa stamping happened in Dec 2009 in Mumbai.

4. "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? ": In the same "Travel Information" page, for this question, my response template is as follows:
    <Employer Name> (MY EMPLOYER IN THE USA) HAS FILED IMMIGRATION PETITION ON MY BEHALF. CURRENT STATUS IS THAT MY I140 HAS BEEN APPROVED ON <date of I14 approval> BUT I AM SUBJECT TO THE PER COUNTRY LIMITS. MY PRIORITY DATE IS <priority date>.
    Do I need to add/modify any part? Please suggest.

In addition, when I called the Embassy support number (in India), one of the person confirmed that my digital image (softcopy) as well as the photo (hard-copy/print) is not mandatory as the Embassy can take it at the consulate but I think it is better to take photos (and attach if applicable). Can anyone suggest which option is better?

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by hikes View Post
    Hello,
    I will be visiting India in Feb 2013 and I will need to stamp my H1 before returning to the US. I have already completed 6 years of H1 and currently my H1 has been extended to Nov 2014 based on my employer filing immigration petition (I140 approved)
    I have following doubts while filling DS160:
    1. Travel Information page: In the "Travel Information" page, there is a question stating "Have you made specific travel plans?" I thought this question referred to my visit to India and hence entered Date of Arrival in the US and the Date of Departure from US as per my vacation dates. But, that did not work as the form complained saying that departure date from US cannot be before the arrival date in the US. Perhaps, "Date of Departure from US" is an approximate date based on my H1 validity. Since my H1 is valid till Nov 30, 2014, can I just enter an estimated date of Nov 25, 2014. Please help.

2. "Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S.": In the same "Travel Information" page, I enter my address in the US and even save it. For an instance, it even shows as saved. But, after some iterations (or after logging again), this information disappears. Did anyone encounter such error?

3. "Previous US travel Information": Does any one know about the question: "Have you been ten-printed? ". I really do not remember if I was ten-printed or not. Can any one help me with this question based on the general experience for others? My previous H1 Visa stamping happened in Dec 2009 in Mumbai.

4. "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? ": In the same "Travel Information" page, for this question, my response template is as follows:
    <Employer Name> (MY EMPLOYER IN THE USA) HAS FILED IMMIGRATION PETITION ON MY BEHALF. CURRENT STATUS IS THAT MY I140 HAS BEEN APPROVED ON <date of I14 approval> BUT I AM SUBJECT TO THE PER COUNTRY LIMITS. MY PRIORITY DATE IS <priority date>.
    Do I need to add/modify any part? Please suggest.

In addition, when I called the Embassy support number (in India), one of the person confirmed that my digital image (softcopy) as well as the photo (hard-copy/print) is not mandatory as the Embassy can take it at the consulate but I think it is better to take photos (and attach if applicable). Can anyone suggest which option is better?

Please help me. Thanks in advance.
    Can someone please respond ?

Comment

H1B DS-160 ,Surname Clarification

Hello,
      I have a question on my H1B DS160 Form application , Required information on SURNAME of my MOTHER .

1. I had given my Grandpa's Name as my Mother's Surname in DS160 of my B1 Visa some months Before
      2. Can I give My Father's Name as my Mother's Surname in my DS160-H1B (My Mom started using my Father's Name after Marriage in many IDs) OR should i have to give the Same Surname given before in B1 (I mean my Grandpa's Name)
      3. Will there be an issue if SURNAME of my mother is different in B1-DS160 and H1B -DS160 ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X