Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Denied: Reapplication Advice

Hi all,

I applied for the H-1B1 visa two weeks ago at the US consulate in Singapore, I have a job offer from a company in the states. Their lawyers provided me with a package to submit when I went for the interview appointment. However, my visa was refused... I only found out afterwards that I needed to show proof of ties to my home country in order to get an approval. My lawyers and I did not include any of those documents in my package...

I'm not sure if reapplying and getting a second refusal will take away any and all chances of entering the US on any kind of visa... I will be able to show financial and social ties to Singapore for my second application.

I was wondering if anyone here has reapplied for the same H-1b1 visa, and got approved the second time? And what the difference may have been between your two submissions.

I still need to return to the states because I am still renting an apartment there and need to go back if not to apply for the h-1b1 through the USCIS or to pack my things and prepare for departure. Does anyone have advice on whether I should apply for the B1 or B2 visa? Also if I should take my chances with the Visa Waiver Program since I qualify to apply for it.

Thanks so much.

Ties to home country are not needed for H1B. Was that the reason given to you in writing by the consulate? If so, the reason is clearly wrongful. Contact the consulate with a letter that H1B1 applicants are allowed immigrant intent and cannot be denied for that reason.

Did they ask you about your educational qualifications? Do you have a 4 year Bachelor's degree or higher? Do you work for a consulting type company where your work location is different from your employer's office? Do you report to a person in your employer's company or to somebody in a client's company?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Ties to home country are not needed for H1B. Was that the reason given to you in writing by the consulate? If so, the reason is clearly wrongful. Contact the consulate with a letter that H1B1 applicants are allowed immigrant intent and cannot be denied for that reason.

Did they ask you about your educational qualifications? Do you have a 4 year Bachelor's degree or higher? Do you work for a consulting type company where your work location is different from your employer's office? Do you report to a person in your employer's company or to somebody in a client's company?
      We've already clarified with the US consulate, unfortunately with the h-1b1 visa (free trade agreement with chile, singapore and USA), I have to proof non-immigrant intent. Yes, the consulate officer asked me about my education, i went to college in the states, i have a BFA.
      I would be working directly under the creative director at my future employer's company.

thanks for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X