Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Waiver Program(IWP) through Dropbox option for H1/H4 visa

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience with the new dropbox option available.
    When I was trying to get some info before I opted for Dropbox, I could hardly find any motivation or any experiences shared, so I though of sharing my experience so that it might help others.
    Im on H1 B and my husband on H4 and both of us qualified for the dropbox pre-requisites. (Both our visas expired on Sep 15th, 2012)
    I went to the Chennai Dropbox location(OFC) and dropped my docs, here's a checklist below

a) Dropbox confirmation, DS-160, Bank payment fee(original), 1 photograph, 1 photocopy of the valid or recently expired visa
    b) I-797 copy, I-129, LCA
    c) Paystubbs(4 months), W2's, Bank statements(4 months)
    d) Bachelors and Masters certificates and transcripts(copies)
    e) Company offer leter, letter to the consulate and embassy(issued by employer)
    f) Vendor letter(I don't get a client letter)
    g) Copy of Marriage certificate (for H4)

To be on safe side, take the original and one copy of all the documents.
    I dropped the documents on Dec 28th 2012 and got an email on Jan 7th that my passport and docs are ready to be picked up.
    So it was worth the risk, it didn't turn out so bad.....got everything done in 10 days.
    Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

interview waiver dropbox without original marriage certificate

my wife is going for h4 visa stamping and she is eligible for drop box facility. but i recently noticed that we only have a photocopy of our marriage certificate. since it might take a little time to get the original certificate. can she proceed to the dropbox with just the photocopy? are the people at drop box reasonable in the above matter?

Comment

H1b and H$ extension using drop box

Hi

Can you explain a detail procedure from filling up DS160 to getting this Drop box timing
        It would be helpful

Comment

Please Help in dropbox procedure

Originally posted by Sarah_22 View Post
          Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience with the new dropbox option available.
          When I was trying to get some info before I opted for Dropbox, I could hardly find any motivation or any experiences shared, so I though of sharing my experience so that it might help others.
          Im on H1 B and my husband on H4 and both of us qualified for the dropbox pre-requisites. (Both our visas expired on Sep 15th, 2012)
          I went to the Chennai Dropbox location(OFC) and dropped my docs, here's a checklist below

a) Dropbox confirmation, DS-160, Bank payment fee(original), 1 photograph, 1 photocopy of the valid or recently expired visa
          b) I-797 copy, I-129, LCA
          c) Paystubbs(4 months), W2's, Bank statements(4 months)
          d) Bachelors and Masters certificates and transcripts(copies)
          e) Company offer leter, letter to the consulate and embassy(issued by employer)
          f) Vendor letter(I don't get a client letter)
          g) Copy of Marriage certificate (for H4)

To be on safe side, take the original and one copy of all the documents.
          I dropped the documents on Dec 28th 2012 and got an email on Jan 7th that my passport and docs are ready to be picked up.
          So it was worth the risk, it didn't turn out so bad.....got everything done in 10 days.
          Good luck!!

Hi Sarah,
          I am having the same problem of the least possible information for drop box
          We are in the same situation and I would like to know what procedure you followed after submitting your DS160 online
          We have paid are visa fees online and are eligible for dropbox, but what is the next step
          do we just go to the consulate and submit our document,
          The UStraveldocs website is not helping too much in this case as it is not showing us any interview slot screen

Comment

Minor kid h4 visa stamping in India

Hi all,
            Please help me with my query
            1. My son is 9 yrs old and he wants to travel to India for summer vacation with my friends family.

2. He needs to get his h4 visa stamped.
            As we ( parents) are not traveling with him, can I ask my brother to go along with him for his visa stamping.

If I want to use the drop box facility , is t necessary that at least one of the parent has to be there to submit the docs. Can anybody in India drop the doc in the box.

Please help me find the answers if anybody had an experience. I am sure it will help many parents like me.

Comment

Visa Stamping H1, H4 wiht - IWP - Experience

Hello

my previous project was only for 3 months and we miss to file H1 amendment, then I got 1 year long project so we applied for H1 amendment at California consulate and I got I 797 B. (my original H1 was valid till May 2016 but with new H1 I 797 B they issue new work permit for only 1 year so my new I 797 ends on Feb 2016 as I applied in Jan 2015 for amendment). so I have to immediately fly India with my family to get new visa stamp. my file was sent to Mumbai consulate directly.

So I pay the visa stamping fee at Axis bank and was ready with all forms. while scheduling visa appointment I went through 5-6 questions on the site and since I had my previous stamping back in 2013 with all 10 finger print done, I was eligible for IWP (interview waiver program) dropbox facility. Since I live Ahmedabad I went to the center and they took my (H1) and my wife's passport (she is on H4) DS 160 confirmation page (I submitted the old DS 160 confirmation page as it does not have any expiry). in two days I got the call from consulate that I have to re submit the new DS 160 form (idk why). which I did and then it took about 3 business days to get my passport stamp with new visa, on the 4th day I went to Ahmedabad office to collect my passport and came back next day. date of travel 3rd March USA to Ahmedabad and return 18th march Ahmedabad to USA.

So, the lesson learnt is H1 amendment is compulsory even if the project is only for 1 month. and when visit india for stamping, always fill up new DS 160 form.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Separate ds-160 for H1 and spouse H4?

Hello,
                I am on H1 and eligible for dropbox. My wife is on H4. Do we need separate ds-160, separate MRV fee, and separate appointment at OFC facility? Can anyone share experience?
                Thanks.

Comment

Question - Can my husband submit my DS 160 on behalf of me.

Hi,

We had plans to travel India next month for visa stamping through Dropbox (we are eligible for interview waiver program) but unfortunately, because of some reason I have to cancel my plan and now my husband is going by himself. My question is can he submit my DS 160 application on behalf of me or do I have to be present there ? . I am on dependent visa and my husband is on H1.

Thank you,

Comment

I too have the question, Is spose(H4) also required to go with H1 to dropbox?

I too have the question, Is spose(H4) also required to go with H1 to dropbox? Can H1 drop H1 and H4 docs at the dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by nsreddy View Post
                      I too have the question, Is spose(H4) also required to go with H1 to dropbox? Can H1 drop H1 and H4 docs at the dropbox?
                      Primary applicant can drop both H1 and H4 related documents. Just ensure that the photographs are of correct specifications otherwise they may not accept the H4 docs and then you will have difficulty getting fresh photo with H4 applicant not around.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X