Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child H4 has different expiration date

Hello,

I and my wife both have H1B with different expiration dates. My child's H4 application was filed originally with my wife. My wife's current H1B is expiring in mid-April 2013 and her employer is now submitting her H1B extension so that the new visa is valid until August 31st 2014 (when her 6 years long H1B completes). On the other hand my child's H4 expiration date is somehow different and is expiring in June 30, 2014. We do not see any point of applying for child's H4 for only last two months of extension (July, August 2014) since we are very soon applying for I-140 and I-485 together for EB1 green card. H4 dependent visa with expiration date not matching with that of mother's H1B (by two months in this case) - will that be an issue in the future especially to get the child's change of status through I-485? A valid H4 visa with expiration date 2 months prior to H1B's - will that still be a legal status for the child until the expiration of H4?

Note: We recently traveled to India and while coming back the child's I-94 in passport in the airport got date until mid-April 2013 (like her mother) although her I-94 in H4 paperwork that was issued spring 2012 is valid until June 2014.

Thanks very much for your time!
    Last edited by tdsm; 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X