Does H4 need a return ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does H4 need a return ticket

Hey i will be travelling to USA and i want to know if i need a return ticket for my H4 is must...

thanks

Thomas

First off, you would need to provide a little more info about your visa status to enable me give the correct answer to your specific question.

Is your H-4 visa based on the basis of being the spouse or child of H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B, H-2R, or H-3 visa holder?

I would be able to give you the correct answer after the above details has been provided. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by deathrow2020 View Post
      First off, you would need to provide a little more info about your visa status to enable me give the correct answer to your specific question.

Is your H-4 visa based on the basis of being the spouse or child of H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B, H-2R, or H-3 visa holder?

I would be able to give you the correct answer after the above details has been provided. Thanks.
      and my spouse visa is H1 B and i am going on h4

Comment

In this case, then the answer is NO - no return ticket needed/required, since your visa entitles you to the same duration of stay as that of your spouse's, assuming she maintains her status per the regulations of her visa (H-1B). Unless, you just want to purchase a return ticket for other reasons, you're not obligated to.

Please read the following for more info on your type of visa:

Dependents of H-1B visa holders

H-1B visa holders can bring immediate family members (spouse and children under 21) to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependents.

An H4 Visa holder may remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder retains legal status. An H4 visa holder is not eligible to work or get a Social Security number (SSN).An H4 Visa holder may attend school, get a driver's license, and open a bank account in the US. To claim a dependent on a tax return or file a joint tax return, the dependent (you) must obtain an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), which is only used for tax filing purposes.

Hope the info helps. Good luck, buddy.

Comment

The answer is no you don't need it, in any case.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by deathrow2020 View Post
            In this case, then the answer is NO - no return ticket needed/required, since your visa entitles you to the same duration of stay as that of your spouse's, assuming she maintains her status per the regulations of her visa (H-1B). Unless, you just want to purchase a return ticket for other reasons, you're not obligated to.

Please read the following for more info on your type of visa:

Dependents of H-1B visa holders

H-1B visa holders can bring immediate family members (spouse and children under 21) to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependents.

An H4 Visa holder may remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder retains legal status. An H4 visa holder is not eligible to work or get a Social Security number (SSN).An H4 Visa holder may attend school, get a driver's license, and open a bank account in the US. To claim a dependent on a tax return or file a joint tax return, the dependent (you) must obtain an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), which is only used for tax filing purposes.

Hope the info helps. Good luck, buddy.

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
              The answer is no you don't need it, in any case.
              thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X