221(g) Husband (H1) or Wife (H4)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Husband (H1) or Wife (H4)?

I and my wife had together gone for visa stamping to Chennai embassy when we went to India last time. Mine was for H1 and hers H4. We got a 221(g) pink slip. It took 8 months to resolve.
    Now my wife is planning to go to India on a vacation and has to go for visa stamping (Again H4). We have been reading on forums that chances of getting repeat 221g is very high. Now we are not sure who's case got the 221g last time - mine or my wife's.

So my question is, have any of you had cases where both husband and wife went together for stamping and H1 got cleared but H4 got 221(g)? Or vice-versa? We are basically trying to determine who's case got the 221(g). If it was my wife's then we do not want to take risk again, she can delay her India trip till we get our EAD/AP.

Thanks.

Originally posted by happygolucky View Post
    I and my wife had together gone for visa stamping to Chennai embassy when we went to India last time. Mine was for H1 and hers H4. We got a 221(g) pink slip. It took 8 months to resolve.
    Now my wife is planning to go to India on a vacation and has to go for visa stamping (Again H4). We have been reading on forums that chances of getting repeat 221g is very high. Now we are not sure who's case got the 221g last time - mine or my wife's.

So my question is, have any of you had cases where both husband and wife went together for stamping and H1 got cleared but H4 got 221(g)? Or vice-versa? We are basically trying to determine who's case got the 221(g). If it was my wife's then we do not want to take risk again, she can delay her India trip till we get our EAD/AP.

Thanks.

Hi,

I went with my husband for stamping, he got cleared (H1B) but mine they gave pink slip (H4) not sure why . We went on 9th Jan.
    I feel i am working here in India is the issue but still not sure why. I am waiting for their reply.

Thanks
    Sweta

Comment

Do any of you have cases where husband (H1) and wife (H4) went for the stamping together and husband got 221g but wife got visa?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for updating me , however i am looking out for an option to contact them but not sure after 10 days of time will they reply.

Thanks

Comment

If its been only 10 days, I would suggest you wait. I think they mention in the slip that you should contact them only after 90 days. I do not want to dishearten you, but when it comes to 221g hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Approx 90% of cases get clear in 3 months but for the other 10%, god only knows, can take even a year or more!

Comment

Originally posted by happygolucky View Post
            If its been only 10 days, I would suggest you wait. I think they mention in the slip that you should contact them only after 90 days. I do not want to dishearten you, but when it comes to 221g hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Approx 90% of cases get clear in 3 months but for the other 10%, god only knows, can take even a year or more!

Thanks for your reply. But will it not be a good idea to ask them to at least start the process. I am surely going to wait for two months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X