Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New law stating requirement of petition for h4 visa??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New law stating requirement of petition for h4 visa??

Hi

I recently got married and I want to join my husband in the USA. He is on an H1B visa and I want to apply for an H4 visa. I was told VFS that according to new rules, my husband's employer will also have to file a rapid petition for me. However, I have searched the internet and have not come across any such rule amendment on the USCIS or US consulate or VFS site. Can u please guide me if this is correct?

thanks,
    Swati

There is no such thing. They are clearly misinformed. Send an email directly to the consulate (ex. mumbainiv at state dot gov) and show their reply to VFS if they insist on seeing a petition.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      There is no such thing. They are clearly misinformed. Send an email directly to the consulate (ex. mumbainiv at state dot gov) and show their reply to VFS if they insist on seeing a petition.
      Thank you kabkaba. My husband spoke to his visa section in USA and to the immigration attornies as well. They said they have not received any such information about a rule change and that there is no such thing as an H-4 petition in U.S. immigration law and procedure. I called the VFS againtoday and they said the rule change has come on 17th Jan 2013 and that they have not updated the sites as yet. I have written to the consulate as per your advice. do you know of any such rule change and can you give me the new delhi consulate email address?

Thank you for all ur help

Swati Seth Yadav

Comment

is this true? then additional work for H1B processing for married people

Comment

It is not true.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

Do you have any updated information on this ?

What did you do finally ? I am in the similar situation and need you help.

Regards,

akki

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X