Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full H1 I-797 not received

Hi All
    My H1 got approved last October 2012 through company A. But The company A has not been able to place me. But now Company B is ready take me but they need the full H1 copy which includes I-797. Company A gave me only the bottom part of the H1. And now when I ask them the full H1 copy they are not ready to give it to me. Is it true that we need the full H1 in order to do a H1 transfer?Will it work with the bottom part since it has the receipt number and the I-94? And will there be any problems if I travel abroad with this copy? Is there any workaround in this case?And if we need the full H1 whats the best way to get it any other way without the employer knowing it?

Originally posted by vibha12 View Post
    Hi All
    My H1 got approved last October 2012 through company A. But The company A has not been able to place me. But now Company B is ready take me but they need the full H1 copy which includes I-797. Company A gave me only the bottom part of the H1. And now when I ask them the full H1 copy they are not ready to give it to me. Is it true that we need the full H1 in order to do a H1 transfer?Will it work with the bottom part since it has the receipt number and the I-94? And will there be any problems if I travel abroad with this copy? Is there any workaround in this case?And if we need the full H1 whats the best way to get it any other way without the employer knowing it?
    The bottom part with the receipt number should be good for Employer B to transfer the Petition, generally employers are reluctant to do transfer with just the receipt number as there is no sure shot way of verifying whether the receipt number is actually yours.

Also Employer A has full right to hold the petition as its their petition and if they don't want to share the approval notice you cant do much. There is no legal way for you to get a duplicate without Employer A's consent.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X