Consulate notified on change of status from F2 to H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate notified on change of status from F2 to H1b

I have applied for change of status from F2 to H1B and i got the approval notice .
    Mail from USCIS says

Consulate notified (if applicable): CHENNAI
    I-94 # (if applicable): YYYY ZZZ

Does this mean i will have to go back to chennai to get my visa stamped even though my I94 is not expiring soon .
    Only then will i be eligible to work .

or does it mean i'll have to get stamped only when i leave country.

Please advice.

Thanks in andvance

Originally posted by shiningstar View Post
    I have applied for change of status from F2 to H1B and i got the approval notice .
    Mail from USCIS says

Consulate notified (if applicable): CHENNAI
    I-94 # (if applicable): YYYY ZZZ

Does this mean i will have to go back to chennai to get my visa stamped even though my I94 is not expiring soon .
    Only then will i be eligible to work .

or does it mean i'll have to get stamped only when i leave country.

Please advice.

Thanks in andvance
    Check your I797.

When you received the H1 approval notice did it come with an I-94 attached at the bottom of the I797? If yes then you dont need to go to Chennai to get a visa.

If you didnt get it then yes, your H1 will be active only after getting H1 stamped in your passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Like above check the approval notice and the wording. Does it state that change of status has been approved?
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Like above check the approval notice and the wording. Does it state that change of status has been approved?
        I am also in same situation. My H1B applied when i was in India and in the H1B process time i came to US on F2.
        My H1B got RFE and my employer responded to RFE with COS(F2 -> H1B). But my H1b is approved and I-797 didn't have I-94 and didn't mention any thing about COS.

My employer is planning apply one more time for COS(F2 -> H1B). Any chances for approval?.

Note: I have valid F2 I-94.

shiningstar -> Could you please reply to it, i am also in same situation.

Comment

I also have a valid I94 .
          I am not even sure if employer could apply for COS again .
          If there is a chance even ill ask my employer to file again .

Comment

shiningstar: Wait for the approval notice and then decide the course of action.

gsr1306: Chances are anybody's guess and depend on a lot of things. If your spouse is maintaining F1 status, you are clear on that front. But USCIS may reinvestigate the employee-employer relationship and in case of consulting company that has a risk of denial.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X