No announcement yet.

To go for H1 extension or apply for H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To go for H1 extension or apply for H4?

I am currently in USA on H1 B visa. My H1 and my wife's H4 are valid till July 2013.

My wife is currently in India with my new born baby. I need to apply for H4 for my baby.

I wanted to know:

1. If I should first apply for Baby's H4 and then go for extension after they have travelled to USA.

2. Apply for H4 and at the same time apply for H1 extension. The H4 will take a month or so, which is much before my H1 expires.

Please advise

Thanks

HI

A quick reply will be very much appreciated.

What I want to know is if I need to wait formy babys H4 visa to be approved before applying for extension or I can apply for both at the same time.

Thanks

Comment

Both are valid options.

Their Visa expiry date will depend on which petition they use to apply for the Visa.

Their I-94 date will depend on which petition they use to enter the US. If their I-94 is shorter than yours (yours will come with the extension), they will have to apply for extension after arriving.

If their Visa expires and they want to travel outside the US, they will have to apply for Visa renewal using your extended petition.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X